P-345

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gasmandave

Single-Sixer
I'm looking at a P-345 at the Pawn Shop in town. Kinda like it but don't know too much about them. This one seems long in th grip so that I have to rote the pistol to disengage the safety. But I'd carry it with the Safety/Decocker off anyway (hammer down of course). Any info you guys can give me? I'm going back out there later to see if I can work a deal. He wants $419.00 w/one mag.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
My 345 has been flawless in over 800 rounds. One thing you need to know about the gun is that if it has been dry fired without the magazine in it, there is a good chance you might have a problem with it. Unfortunately, when a gun sits in a pawnshop where people might not know better, a potential buyer removes the mag and then dry fires to feel the trigger pull. This causes the a problem with the firing pin/mag safety that would cause the gun not to fire. Ruger warns against doing this.

I know the prices have gone up a bit, but i paid $449 for mine new. You might be better off saving for a new one.

capt.ruger

Bearcat
That is the one thing I don't like about the gun. I can't get the safety off without rotating the pistol. On the other hand you don't need to have the safety on with this double / single action trigger. It is a lot of fun to shoot and accurate. As mentioned you might check on the price of a new one before jumping in on this one. Probably not that much more. Mine is a few years old but I payed less than $450. I don't remember exactly what the price was now.The dry fire issue is the one thing to look out for. Good luck.

Hizzoner

Bearcat
I picked up a previously owned but NIB P345 for $375 at my LGS. I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.
It is waay more accurate than I am.