Peanut butter and ketchup sandwich ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My Dad used to eat peanut butter and sardine sandwiches. But he also on occasion would have a Scotch and Coke. As a kid a cream cheese and strawberry jelly was a staple in my house.

if you like really good peanut butter, try Justin's.

I'm a onion sandwich guy. I was 6 or 7 when I had my first one with grandpa . Onions salt pepper mayo on rye. Got hooked.
This sounds delicious. I do love onions.

As for the PB and ketchup, I'll give it a try. We go through a lot of peanut butter here at our house. My dogs love it and have their own jar. Ketchup, as someone mentioned, is not too far removed from a type of jelly. In fact, I know I've seen tomato jelly before.

Heck, one of my favorite jelly's is the Tabasco brand hot pepper jelly.

KIR

Sparks, NV
I too was in a a poor period of my life when raising my adopted daughter. I remember her telling her school friends how I LIKED bar-b-q sauce on bread for sandwiches. Little did she know or ever find out how I sacrificed for her. All for naught.

As far as P-butter sandwiches, I like mine with tuna fish (which was made with mayo, mustard and relish of course). Have been eating those since I was a kid. Everyone usually goes...Ewwwwwwwwwwww. However, don't knock it til you try it!!!

This sounds delicious. I do love onions.

As for the PB and ketchup, I'll give it a try. We go through a lot of peanut butter here at our house. My dogs love it and have their own jar. Ketchup, as someone mentioned, is not too far removed from a type of jelly. In fact, I know I've seen tomato jelly before.

Heck, one of my favorite jelly's is the Tabasco brand hot pepper jelly.
If you try it, add the ketchup to the peanut butter and stir it together to make a spread. You can add more or less ketchup to try the flavor.
Since this thread was dug up I've found some old recipes from the 50's describing it to be used as a dip on crackers as an appetizer.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Ok, yesterday I laid out two flour tortillas, about sandwich size, and smeared some peanut butter on them--a standard mid-afternoon snack. Double checked that nobody was looking and put some ketchup on there. With a hot cup of coffee, it was pretty good.

Rick C

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
While I will probably pass on the PB and C(atsup), I do a PBJ and C(heese).
Peanut butter and either jelly or jam with a medium slice of cheese
IS GOOD! - - - Also keeps the tummy happy. ;)

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
So far I tried every variation of you guys PB and whatever. I must say some of you good folks have an eclectic taste you combined with peanut butter. It's a wonderful world......

Simmonsburg

Single-Sixer
They are my faves though i make mine a little different.
K1rLaLl.jpg

dweis

Blackhawk
If I can find a decent tomato I would never eat ketchup — tomatoe sauce with a ton of sugar added. Now I love good peanut butter and I eat it on a water biscuit cracker because I don't want salty crackers to mar the great taste of good peanut butter. By the way I only eat peanut butter thst has no salt or sugar added. Yes, I am a nut case.