Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thanks for the feedback, doesn't sound like it was popular anywhere,
although a few from the northern parts sound like peanut butter and
tomato might have been around a bit.
Dave

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
Gonna have to give it a try. I have carried peanut butter and baked bean sandwiches when hunting. They DO fill the 'hole'!

Hi,

Back in the day when parents were expected to feed their own children, my mother made both PB and baked bean and PB and mayo sandwiches (she'd put lettuce in the latter) to go in our school lunch boxes.

All I can say about either is they shut down lunch time "commerce" instantly: NOBODY wanted to trade anything good for one of them!

Rick C

mistermills357

Blackhawk
I have tried peanut butter with a lot of things, but not that way. I have made a sandwich with a Vidalia onion and mayo though---no meat---just onion and mayo. :D
It was excellent.

sliclee

Single-Sixer
PBJ ALL THE WAY LETS HEAR IT PBJ ALL THE WAY.
Had a cousin who ate peanut butter and ketchup(heinz)
He put ketchup on eggs, in chicken soup, on potatoes

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Mike J said:
Poco Oso said:
toysoldier said:
Doesn't sound good to me, but my favorite is toasted whole wheat, peanut butter, mayo, and a thick slice of Vidalia onion.

Never tried a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich, but peanut butter and mayo (hold the onion) is one of my favorites . My wife looks at me like I got it out of the back yard though. She doesn't know what she's missing. :wink: I guess I'll have to try these now.

I have never a had peanut butter & ketchup sandwich. I grew up eating not just peanut butter & mayo but peanut butter, mayonnaise & banana sandwiches. They rock.

Sounds delicious to me Mike !!

Peanut butter, honey, mayo.

Peanut butter on first with the honey smeared all over it, topped with the mayo.

I like it on homemade whole-grain bread, but suit yourself.

:)

Pete

Single-Sixer
Well-----Now yall have gone and done it!!! my wife read these posts and decided to try a PB and ketchup sandwich!! She said it was great !! :shock: :shock: :shock:

JennaJC

Bearcat
I was asked what I like on my PB sandwiches besides Jam. I said ketchup. My Gram made them for us. She got the recipe from a Ritz cracker box. You mix them together and put on Ritz cracker as an appetizer. She liked the flavor so started eating them as sandwiches. I love them. A nice savory PB sandwich.

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
One of my go-to sandwiches is toasted peanut butter and tomatoes.

Don't knock it till you try it!
I've had a meat loaf sandwich with a VERY thin spread of peanut butter. It wasn't bad.

Come to think of it, it might have been even better with a slice of Swiss cheese on it. That sounds kinda good-ish to me now.

I was asked what I like on my PB sandwiches besides Jam. I said ketchup. My Gram made them for us. She got the recipe from a Ritz cracker box. You mix them together and put on Ritz cracker as an appetizer. She liked the flavor so started eating them as sandwiches. I love them. A nice savory PB sandwich.
A thread from the past. If I may ask, where was your Grandmother from?

protoolman

Service-Sixer
One of my grade school teachers said they were so poor they had to eat butter or jelly not both on their bread. I was poor enough I ate a mayonnaise sandwich a few times just to have something on the bread.

When I was young some friends of my parents son watched my brother and I when they went out with my parents.
His meal of choice to feed us is what he called a desert burger peanut butter and black eyed pea sandwich.
Yes it was dry:)