Police shooting input...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
Refer back to post #28.
Yes Sir, I and others have, most likely,.....your post #28 is intended to explain/substantiate your post #4 if we are following you correctly?

Not sure you are building a case for your self here?

All good.....this is America and you can have the mindset you wish to have...."F" anyone you want.....

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Looks like he had a pistol in hand and was raising it to point at the officer, although I do think a full magazine was a bit much in the way of defensive shooting.
While a lot many cops and civilians are severely wounded or killed by subjects who are crazed and or drugged and on a mission to kill if they're not hit in the CNS, case in point this creep who keeps coming like a zombie hit with a whole magazine of duty power ammunition.
The vid here tells the story why to keep shooting till the target is no longer a threat. Those cops want to go to their families, not be in a flag draped box with spouses and kids crying over them as they go in the dirt. Guy didn't drop the weapon and even raised it. You threaten to kill innocents on the street then sit like a fool with a gun and not enough sense to drop it when cops approach then even raise it! See ya man

3manfan

Single-Sixer
Watched it several times. F the police.
Really? Why is that?

Would you stand there & let someone start shooting at you & do nothing about the situation?
No, right?

So why should the officer not be able to defend his or herself also?

No one has to start receiving incoming fire before taking a defensive action(s)
As long as it's clear to the person about to be shot at, that they're about to be shot at, they can fire first if they're fast enough. Were you not aware of that? The term is 'premptive action' & it's not only prudent, it's perfectly legal & is a part of the Use Of Force matrix of every police department that exists. It's been police policy for decades.
Take a guess on how he could not have gotten shot?
By not doing what he did.

So.
Why F the police?

Last edited:

JackBull

Buckeye
The saddest thing to me is that some folks are so quick to blame the LEO and then broad brush all LEOs when they see something like this without doing due diligence to research a bit.....very sad indeed...but it shows that even on a firearms forum not all are "like minded"....very sad/scary indeed.
The reason people "broad brush all LEOs" is that almost everyone I know has a story about a bad cop they met in their life. I am talking outstanding citizens, but they all met that bad cop. YMMV

DGW1949

Hunter
The reason people "broad brush all LEOs" is that almost everyone I know has a story about a bad cop they met in their life. I am talking outstanding citizens, but they all met that bad cop. YMMV
Well, you know what they say....."If you meet an ass-hole, he's an ass-hole. On the other hand, if you meet assholes all day, then maybe you're the ass-hole".....Think on that a while and I'm sure you'll get the point...LOL.

DGW

TULLYMARS

Single-Sixer
Yes Sir, I and others have, most likely,.....your post #28 is intended to explain/substantiate your post #4 if we are following you correctly?

Not sure you are building a case for your self here?

All good.....this is America and you can have the mindset you wish to have...."F" anyone you want.....
If this was a court of law and I had to make judgement only on that 16 sec. video it would be a murder by cop. I'm not building a case for myself, just expressing an opinion on what I saw. If my opinion upsets you to this degree you should read something else.

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
If this was a court of law and I had to make judgement only on that 16 sec. video it would be a murder by cop. I'm not building a case for myself, just expressing an opinion on what I saw. If my opinion upsets you to this degree you should read something else.
Exactly why one must do their due diligence and educate themselves before coming to a conclusion/judgement.

A trained/educated person in this type of scenario, which occurs more often than one would think, can view just this snippet of evidence and know it's a justified shoot.

I'm not upset, just amazed a some folks knee jerk reactions, ignorance and taking opportunistic pokes at LEO's for things they see as they want to see them because they won't research the facts.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
If one doesn't have enough sense to drop the gun in that same situation then that person needs to be put down with extreme prejudice. Too stupid and dangerous to walk the planet.
Maybe so but we don't get to make those kinds of decisions. The vaguely ambiguous command and the end result will be more than enough to open the door for a HUGE lawsuit and a civil prosecution.