problem with mark ll

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gusso

Bearcat
So I took the gun apart about a week or 2 ago. I failed to notice that the firing pin spring and support fell out when the bolt was out. I finally figured out that it was missing and Ruger was kind enough to send a free replacement. I've since tried to reassemble multiple times with the same results. First, I notice that the hammer freely moves to the up position when the bolt is not in place. With the bolt in place, I get the hammer to move to the up position about 1 out of every 25 attempts or so (and yes, I am tilting the gun as seen in the vids). Anyway, when I seemingly assemble the gun properly the same problem persists. It will "click" for the first 2-3 attempts when dry firing then the trigger just dies--nothing. I have done this a few times. I took it to the range today and the same thing happened -- it shot 2 rounds, then nothing. I'm hoping to get in touch with a guy who knows far more than me about pistols tonight (or hopefully soon) to see what he thinks. So what are the opinions of the folks here?

gusso

Bearcat
Last night I was lucky enough to run into a guy from the local pistol club who knows the ins & outs on Mark ll's pretty thoroughly. He's going to take a look at it and straighten it out. His initial impression was that it was the sear...we'll see what happens.

Have what sounds like the same condition. Was at the range and the hammer stopped cocking 100%. At first, it would work intermittently, then died all together. Tore it apart and was able to get the hammer to cock once after reassembling. Now it's totally dead again. I could not see anything broken or missing. Anyone else have suggestions?

Functioning again. My dealer, who is also a gunsmith, took a look and recommended knocking down some burrs that had developed on the disconnector where it hooks into the sear. All is well again. Thanks for the suggestions...they pointed me in the right direction.

Latest posts