Need some help with a red dot mounting plate for the Mark IV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have only seen two mounting plates for the Mark IV. One from Tandemkross and one from Lobos. Lobos one looks like it might be a bit sturdier as it is adapted to the curvature of the barrel where as the underside of the Tandemkross looks flat and only supported by the line of contact down the middle of the plate.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter, or a recommendation regarding mounting plate suggestion?

Paul

I've got a Burris FastFire lll, mounted on a Burris plate that goes into the rear sight dovetail (must remove rear sight to use mount).

It's extremely solid, and you can't get much lower profile.

I'm unable to take a pic at the moment, but will try to find a pic online to give you an idea of what I've got.

Riger Forum member Dave Schwaab posted a pic of his setup. Likely the same as mine.

Here's a link to his post… I didn't want to "steal" his pic. 😇

I would most certainly go with the base that fits the upper profile.
The rear sight dovetail is a good mounting spot if the receiver isn't D&T but I'd use the tapped holes if available.
I have both. The direct mount base lowers the profile by 1/4".

Ebay has this burris fastfire mounting plate right now for $49.95. It works on any ruger mark pistol. I have one for my mark 3 and it works great.
s-l1600.jpg

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
The Ruger Mark III and IV were drilled and tapped for a Ruger base. I got the base with the gun, NIB. I have red dots mounted on both of them. If you didn't get one, they are available on Ruger.com. Several different styles.

bradford

Bearcat
I have a few Halosun dots, all green. I have the acss version too but perfer just the dot type for target shooting. I turn the brightness most the way down to be able to pick up the bullseye better. For self defense I would make it brighter because less accuracy and more speed is needed.

I know I'll get grief for this, but I have a mount from Amazon. I wanted something quick and I'm actually pleased with it. Close to the bore axis and clear of the ejection port. Fit was perfect and it's rock solid. Viridian green dot on one of the bargain Volquartsen blowout uppers. The upper came with the bolt and box. Planning on a supressor some day.
IMG_8971.jpeg
IMG_8972.jpeg
IMG_8970.png

Since the 22 is low recoil AND the mount is on the non-reciprocating receiver, many of the dot optics that wouldn't survive use on another platform will work fine on the MK or 22/45.

Latest posts