Recommend me a good red dot

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have a Burris fastfire, a Bushnell tr-25, 2 Sig Romeo 5's and 2 Aimpoint's. I think the Sig is the best value for the mo
20240404_035543.jpg
20240404_035622.jpg
20240404_035654.jpg
ney but the Aimpoint's are my favorites. I've had these 2 for 8 to 10 years I believe and they still have the original batteries in them.

hike

Bearcat
Aimpoint is the brand that comes highly recommended. High Quality, American made with American parts, higher cost.

I am having a pistol set up for accuracy and the Holosun 507 Comp looks good to me. I am very please with Holosun Green-Dots (for my old eyes). My shooting is for my own enjoyment and learning new shooting skills. Many red-dot do offer red or green choices of dot color.

Aimpoint is the brand that comes highly recommended. High Quality, American made with American parts, higher cost.

I am having a pistol set up for accuracy and the Holosun 507 Comp looks good to me. I am very please with Holosun Green-Dots (for my old eyes). My shooting is for my own enjoyment and learning new shooting skills. Many red-dot do offer red or green choices of dot color.
Actually Hike, I believe the Aimpoint is made in Sweden.

diyj98

Single-Sixer
Just mailed it back to PSA.
They are refunding me. I asked if I could just get a replacement, but the said refund only since it is not their brand. Was going to reorder but it was an Easter sale, so the price is higher now.
I may order an Ultradot Match Dot.
I've had a Vortex reflex sight on a 3 1/2" turkey gun and had zero problems with it. Sorry to hear you got a lemon.

I have an Ultradot Match Dot on a 357 magnum and a regular Ultradot on a 44 magnum. They've both held up great.

BULL'S-EYE

Buckeye
The Burris Fastfire III & Vortex Venom have been my two favorites for 22's for a while now. But, I recently picked up a Swampfox Sentinel on sale for a great price at OpticsPlanet, and I'm REALLY liking it!...

20240414_114802.jpg