Question on LOA stating “Blemished”

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So- this might be a really silly question but I just received the LOA on my 2013 flat top NM Blackhawk .44 SPCL. I'll attach a picture. Is the frame marked in any way to indicate that it's blemished? What can "blemished" normally encompass? I can't see anything that would be considered a blemish-
IMG_9021.jpeg

IMG_8863.jpeg

IMG_8862.jpeg

Edit: I was just checking my post to make sure I didn't fat-finger something, and in looking at the shadows in the pics I might have found it. Front sight- looks like a slight grind mark on the side of the front sight. You can't see it unless the light is just right. This is going to be a shooter anyways- I just always get LOA's in case some day they are no longer offered.

IMG_9022.jpeg

Last edited:

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
That is a very mild blemish.

In 2010 I bought this new .45 Colt Bisley and, even in this blurry photo, you can see scratch marks near the serial number. What you can't see is that I replaced the ejector shroud (at my own expense) because the original one had a divot in it, about 2mm deep and 5mm long. I saw it only after I got home with it. When I ordered the replacement, I should've told Ruger the new gun I bought had a flaw.

Maybe I should get a LOA if it's not expensive. I always wondered how that divot happened and how their QC dept. let it out the door. It shoots fine though.
IMG_2006.jpeg

Looks like a 'blemish' on the left side kinda under the hammer.
I just double checked. Sometimes stuff shows up in pictures that we don't readily see with the naked eye. However, luckily this isn't the case. I had just wiped this down with a silicone cloth and that was smears that reflected. No blemish there.

When I was in the market for a .357 Vaquero, the local Sportsman's Warehouse had one in stock for a fair price. I went to look at it but the grip was gouged and there were some big scratches and a ding in the cylinder. Must have been dropped hard. I asked if they would give me a healthy discount and the manager declined. I found a perfect new one on GB a couple weeks later for $20 less.

So…I'm sure that there are many guns that left Ruger in perfect condition, but we're manhandled at the local shop.

I would be ecstatic if this one had a special marking on it indicating "blem", but no such luck.