Return of The Buzzards

Help Support Ruger Forum:

They showed up 2 weeks ago and I had 3 opposums laying out there rotting for them. Coyotes won't touch a dead opposum for some reason, but the buzzards made short time of cleaning them up. So I cut up a bunch of whole chickens and had the backs, skin, fat and scraps left. I tossed them over the fence and hung the camera up to see who would be first. This pair cleaned it up the first day. I got 110 photos of this pair. This is one of the better pics. The camera was only about 4-5 feet from them.

Trailcam3-31-14066.jpg

BearBio

Buckeye
I think I dated the one on the left, if it's a girl (?).

Be careful. They can be nasty and their defense is even nastier: They throw up on you. Considering what they eat...............

stevemb

Hunter
The buzzards returned to Hinckley last week I think. been since the Great Hinckley Hunt of 1818. A buzzrd is also the long time mascot of WMMS, the rock'n roll station that was instrumental in getting the rock and roll museum to Cleveland. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it !

twobit

Bearcat
Some stay down here all winter (Texas), but most winter all the way down in Mexico.

If you think they are ugly, never get down wind of one. Pew! Talk about stink!

stevemb said:
The buzzards returned to Hinckley last week I think. been since the Great Hinckley Hunt of 1818. A buzzrd is also the long time mascot of WMMS, the rock'n roll station that was instrumental in getting the rock and roll museum to Cleveland. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it !

I was just going to say that the Buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio every March (15th I believe) Almost as famous as the swallows returning to Capistrano.

Selena

Hunter
A long way from heaven and far too close to Chicag
sceva said:
stevemb said:

I was just going to say that the Buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio every March (15th I believe) Almost as famous as the swallows returning to Capistrano.

Let the record reflect I refrained from Ohio bashing and made no comment save I'm surprised they don't congregate in Van Wert.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
I remember seeing 6 or 8 buzzards near Prairie, Idaho back in the '70's and thinking how ugly they were. " She could make a freight train take a dirt road". Also thinking about how useful they are and deserving to live as much as the California Condor.

stevemb

Hunter
Does remind me that the inlaws are heading back up this way later this month for their 6 month stay.

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
I've always thought that they actually look very much like a Turkey, I wonder how they would taste !!?? :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
frank n texas said:
Well they are prettier than nancy pelosi anyway... :lol:
Setting the bar pretty low aren't you Frank? :D

I agree, they are prettier than Nancy the Hag.

tangocharlie

Single-Sixer
Just think of all the dead and rotting possums and tactical possums (armadillos) you would have to drive around if buzzards and crows weren't on the job. I guess you got to give a little credit to coons and coyotes, too.