Ruger .22 convertible soon to be inbound

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gnappi

Single-Sixer
Over the years I foolishly let go a number of bought NIB Ruger 200th revolvers and over the years I often considered replacing at least one of them. But I thought it would be a foolish quest to relive a nostalgic time in my life which even if realized would likely be disappointment in the now over 45+ year old shot out revolver.

Funny back then a convertible or dual use was of great importance to me even though the Security Six, Blackhawk .357, Super Blackhawk .44, Redhawk .44, and .22 convertible never saw the "optional" cartridge through them :)

Today I'd still not load a .38, .44 special (I even gave away all my brass) or run out and buy .22 magnum ammo for any of them, but I did find what appears to be a nice stainless 200th .22 convertible which will be on the way to Florida next week.

I'll have to see if the desire matches the satisfaction after it arrives.

the .22 mag cylinder never gets used on my single six. Yet for some reason I want to make a .22 mag Bearcat.

I'm with you, 1000%! 😂

I've got a pretty good NM Single-Six collection, all Convertibles except one Bisley and One "Star" model. I've also got an OM Convertible, and a few Bearcats snuck in, when I wasn't looking.

I the last 20+ years, I've shot less than one 50-round box of .22 WMR in my Single-Sixes.

Still, I occasionally buy some more .22 WMR, and I'm constantly looking at spare Bearcat and Single-Six cylinders, chamber reamer rental, measuring cylinder OALs, etc.

To what end?

IMG_8288.jpeg

Last edited:

gnappi

Single-Sixer
Well unfortunately the cylinder SN doesn't match the frame but it's all good.

eveled

Hawkeye
Funny, I am exactly the opposite. The mag cylinder goes on and the LR cylinder rarely sees daylight again. At least on most of mine anyway.

My LGS has a beautiful .22 mag S&W model 48-2 8" barrel that is calling my name. Something about the little magnum cartridge, has always appealed to me.

I've also always wanted a .22magnum lever action. Sigh……

I need to get my .22 mag cylinder back onto my single six. Instead of lusting after other .22 magnum guns.

Last edited: