Ruger Flatgate SN 7041

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
What would be a fair price on this Flatgate gentlemen? Haven't seen it in person yet. Appears to be a nice condition piece. No box
IMG_8886.jpeg

G2

Hunter
Everything appears correct & unconverted,,, assuming the left side shows the same amount of wear,,, ~$600.

I do like the 4 digit so "I" might spring for as much +$100 premium, just because it's an early flatgate.
I have 3 flatgate's and several other OM & NM S-6's,,, the flatgate's are my favorite & preferred single sixes.

That is definitely one that would make a good enjoyed shooter. The wear to me is perfect "patina".

That serial number places it in the Type 2 flatgate category, probably from 1954. The most recent RENE Price Guide shows $725 for a MINT specimen. It appears pretty nice. If it is in fact not converted, I think G2 has it right if its age matters to you. :)

Last edited:

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
Thank you guys, I got my first flatgate! I felt comfortable at 500 bucks. And I do regular business with the gentleman so I trust him.
Now I'm working on a matched number pair of buckeye conversions. They are very clean with faint turn lines, no boxes either unfortunately.

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
I'll give you $600 for the 7041......:p

Kidding!
Good for you, but be careful, they are VERY addicting!!!

Cheers,
JAYDAWG
Old model Rugers are what I assume a cocaine addiction must be like! Glad I chose the Revolvers they are much better for you even if not much cheaper of a habit. The buckeyes, even though they are new models appeal to me because of the calibers.

G2

Hunter
I resisted, but now it's yours and at a good buy! congratulations & welcome to the flatgate club,,,
My three….
1718980178717.jpeg

L-R
Palindrome SN#- 31813, same number forward or reverse.
30900 w/ Premier Loading Gate
6460 early 4 digit SN#

Last edited:
Very nice. I think my next quest will be for a 4 digit flatgate. Once I refill my discretionary funds…

My only flatgate isn't…it needs a correct flat gate and ejection rod…