Ruger Mark I TI-55 Target Pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cptbill

Bearcat
I own a Ruger Mark I TI-55 target pistol. I bought it back in 1970 and would like to know how rare it? I have not been able to find a price on the internet.
Thank you

welcome to the forum captbill, did you mean to say "T-515"??? which means a target, bull barrel, 5 1/2 inch in length..................
no, they are fairly common, as well as the T-678 ....its the T-514 that is on the scarcer side, fewer to be found..........

cptbill

Bearcat
The gun does not have a bull barrel but has a 5.5 inch tapered barrel. I got the model number from the internet but can not find much else about it. I did find that it was made between 1952 and 1957. Sadly I do not have the box as the dealer I bought it from did not have it either.
Thank you for you reply.

trajapyo

Bearcat
I came across this thread and also have a Ruger Mark I. How do you tell the difference between the t-515 and the t-514 and so forth. mine has adjustable rear site and what looks to be a 5.5 inch barrel. and is marked Mark I on the reciever. I to also just recently joined.

cptbill

Bearcat
My has the adjustable "micro" site and the Mark I on the side of the barrel. I am trying to take pictures but they do not come out very good. What is the difference between T-515 and the T-514.
I did contact Ruger 30 years ago gave them the serial number and they basically said I have one of a few made. I have had offers from different Ruger collectors site unseen and one offer for a brand new Ruger 357 in trade.
One of kind, I hope
Thank you

cptbill

Bearcat
I did some more research and the barrel is 5 1/4 not the 5 1/2. I also found that the gun was made between 1952 - 1957 but I do not know how many were made.

easy to "spot" ( and measure as well) the 5 1/2 inch bulll barrels are just that, BULL BARRELS, no taper to them, the 5 1/4 inch has a taper out to the front....measure from the face of the bolt to the end of the barrel from the inside,bore...OR from the front edge of the ejection port, to the end of the barrel......last we knew there were like 1400 of the T-514, maybe Chad can "update" or give a better count...............bottom line ,still a very fine and hard to get 22 semi auto............

cptbill

Bearcat
I know that re-bluing decreases the value of a gun but mine is re-blued. What are the recommendation for long term storage. I currently have in a safe with a dehumidifier and in another sealed case. Thank you for your help and it will be interesting to know how many are actually out there.