Ruger P95 surprise and question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Star43

Blackhawk
The P95 in my opinion is the most underrated pistol I can think of. It is built tough and in my eyes, I think it is a good looking gun. Yes, it is a proprietary fiberglass blend that it super strong and resilient. Think about it. There are no metal inserts used. You have a heavy slide going back and forth and leaves no marks or wear at all. Not on mine anyway .....I like to go shooting and use 4 main guns. A BHP, a Sig P225, and a Glock 19. And my P95. I shoot all of them very well. They are all top notch guns for sure.....my P95 out-shoots all of them. Every time. Which gun would I pick in a heartbeat if the time came. The P95.

They are fine pistols.
20220710_105908.jpg

I like the 95 series pistols. There's a KP95DC tucked under the edge of my computer desk, a P95DC in my holster, and another P95DC with light and laser beside my bed. I've carried one in one way or another for over 20 years. I won't say they're the most accurate pistols I've carried but I'll accept 'good enough' in return for 'never fail'.

magpouch

Single-Sixer
P95 is a sleeper. Not refined really but kind of the AK of the pistol world. Great to have when you need it, they work.

Star43

Blackhawk
Again, I am very happy with my stainless decocker. I have 2 of them. The other is still new in the box unfired. The one I use is amazing with accuracy. I just look and point and it hits center of aim, every time. I think it is amazing. Also how it was built that the frame shows no wear at all and the strong stainless slide.....I guess I got a good one, then again, I'm a Ruger guy, for many years, so to me, they're all good ones !! 🙂

tiger955

Bearcat
Again, I am very happy with my stainless decocker. I have 2 of them. The other is still new in the box unfired. The one I use is amazing with accuracy. I just look and point and it hits center of aim, every time. I think it is amazing. Also how it was built that the frame shows no wear at all and the strong stainless slide.....I guess I got a good one, then again, I'm a Ruger guy, for many years, so to me, they're all good ones !! 🙂
You might want to shoot that new in the box one a bit in case of a sudden need for it. It appears very unlikely but Ruger like all companies occasionally let a lemon loose. Back n the day I traded my P89 in on a new P95, That thing was a jam-o-matic, tried all kinds of fixes, had nothing but problems. Unusual for Ruger but I dumped that POS and bought another used P89. Have a long way to go before I wear that one out.

Star43

Blackhawk
I hear what you say, and it makes sense. I have this one and a Ruger Single Six from 1986, one of the house/arrow guns, also still in the box. They will go to my son one day, and all the guns for that matter to him and my grandsons. Every once in a great while I look at them and happy with that I can give them as new "new in box" guns. If by chance, one turned out to be a lemon, it can always be returned to Ruger to be made right. I have confidence in that.......I have taken them out of the box and checked them from racking the slide to checking the revolver's cylinder play on the SS, and of course oiling them up when I look at them occasionally. Then put them away. I take care of my stuff the best I can. I also have a P89.

HoosierBilly1

Bearcat
P95 frames are polymer. No Zytel or any other cheap low quality material about P95. The reason I bought the Security 9 was because of the grip (I have short fat fingers), but I wish it was built like the P95. The finish in my P95 is still great, and that is my softest shooter.
Ooops. I didn't know that actually the name for the nylon polymer used by Ruger to make those guns is actually zytel. My apologies. My bad. I bet I made you all laugh for a while. lol

Al James

Hunter
First pistol I ever bought myself was a p89 stainless. I sold it to fund my divorce and missed it ever since. So later on I bought myself another p89 in stainless, a p944 special edition in plum blue, and a p95.

Your post reminded me of a bumper sticker I once saw. It read:

"I just got a new gun for my wife, it was the best trade that I've ever made!" :LOL:

Latest posts