Ruger Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The 5.5" Redhawk. Won't be letting this one go this time ;)

5A3F481A-A45B-4252-B533-4F3CB7C1F821.jpeg

Nice one 'arctic', had all of those over the years and liked the 5.5 the best, had them in blue AND stainless,,,,I sold my last one this past weekend, kinda liked it with the ring slots cut in the rib but oh well , no need for it anymore......still have the last two speed loaders for it in the classifieds.....hmmmmmm :unsure:

Attachments

• RH-41 R .41 Magnum Redhawk 7.5 in blued.JPG
    RH-41 R .41 Magnum Redhawk 7.5 in blued.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 56

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Finding my first Redhawk was somewhat of an "accident" at a LGS a few years ago since my goal at the time was to find a .41 Mag in a S&W model 57 or 657. Visiting the store on my lunch break, someone had just traded in a stainless 5.5" in .41 that hadn't even been put on the shelf yet, and since anything in that chambering rarely shows up around here I jumped at the opportunity, especially for the price she quoted me. After adding a 2x Leupold it has now become my go-to whitetail gun.
Then, a few months ago an online friend told me he needed to raise some quick cash for a real estate investment and worked out a package deal for me. Included was a 7.5" blue Redhawk "Hunter" in excellent to near-new condition with original box, scope rings and paperwork.
Someday an original .357 would be nice to add to the stable, and perhaps a .45 Colt, not to mention a round butt .41 Mag.

larry8

Single-Sixer
Love that (I mean mine too) 5.5" Redhawk. I've got both the 5,5 Redhawk and the 7.5 Super Redhawk. Bought them last year and brand new to boot.
Took them to the range and the 7.5 SR kick wasn't too bad, but the 5.5 just about broke my wrist. After 6 rounds I had to stop shooting that 5.5" beast. After I clean and oil it, it will go in my safe as part of my collection.

Last edited:
Love that (I mean mine too) 5.5" Redhawk. I've got both the 5,5 Redhawk and the 7.5 Super Redhawk. Bought them last year and brand new to boot.
Took them to the range and the 7.5 SR kick wasn't too bad, but the 5.5 just about broke my wrist. After 6 rounds I had to stop shooting that 5.5" beast. After I clean and oil it, it will go in my safe as part of my collection.
Just one more reason to load your own---you can down load to make them much more pleasant to play with.