S.S. Ruger Bearcat Revolver ejector housing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Glassfixer

Bearcat
Do any of the forum members know where to get a Ruger Bearcat Revolver ejector housing made from S.S. for my pistol. The original housing that came on the revolver seems to be painted aluminum. Would it have been that difficult or expensive to make it from real S.S. like the rest of the revolver? I personally think it looks gaudy. What say the forum members?

I believe that the stainless Bearcats now come with a stainless ejector rod housing. I know the ejector rod housing on my Bearcat Shopkeeper is stainless.

Perhaps others here can confirm this, regarding "regular" stainless Bearcats.

If so, getting one directly from Ruger would likely be the cheapest/easiest way to get one.

Another option would be to polish the aluminum one. It will likely not match the stainless perfectly, but you might be able to get a "better" match than the factory finish.

With a little 'elbow grease' and time they will polish up.

K8qfPynh.jpg

Glassfixer

Bearcat
I looked on Ruger previously but as an accessory with no luck. I'll give Ruger a call as a replacement part. But rub out on the original aluminum housing looks nice. I'll give it a try anyway. Thanks a lot.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Glassfixer said:
Do any of the forum members know where to get a Ruger Bearcat Revolver ejector housing made from S.S. for my pistol. The original housing that came on the revolver seems to be painted aluminum. Would it have been that difficult or expensive to make it from real S.S. like the rest of the revolver? I personally think it looks gaudy. What say the forum members?

Yes the original housings on the stainless Bearcats are alum alloy and they are coated or anodized to keep from tarnishing. Never liked them.

The Clements housings look the best; stainless and long enough to come out flush to the muzzle. See how much nicer FoxMike's lower gun looks with housing flush to muzzle.