3 inch Wrangler ejector rod

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
Does anyone know of someone making an aftermarket ejector rod for the 3 inch Wrangler?
My buddy hates the original. Says he can find a 4 inch, but refuses to cut it down?!?!??

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
JAYDAWG

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!

I haven't heard of any. And with Belt Mtn no longer making any base pins,, I don't think it'll be an easy find. Just cutting one down won't work,, as you need the spring loaded tip for the transfer bar. Unless you cut from the head end.

I know that Power Custom has made some base pins in the past,, so maybe,,,,????

Johnnu2

Hunter
Welcome to the Forum!

I haven't heard of any. And with Belt Mtn no longer making any base pins,, I don't think it'll be an easy find. Just cutting one down won't work,, as you need the spring loaded tip for the transfer bar. Unless you cut from the head end.

I know that Power Custom has made some base pins in the past,, so maybe,,,,????
Contender, I did not know that Belt Mtn. stopped making base pins.... !!
Can you share any info on that?
J.

contender

Ruger Guru
Sadly,, Keyle has chosen to stop making anymore base pins. He was hoping to get someone like Ronnie Wells to pick up his business,,, but that hasn't happened. He's not taking any more orders,, (I tried,) and has been eliminating what pins he already had done. He's been at it for over 20 years,, and wants to "slow down" so to speak.
I did manage to get a few things he had left over before a complete shutdown.

contender

Ruger Guru
Aw crap,, he is looking for an ejector rod,, not the base pin. My mistake. Read it too fast with base pins in my head. Dunce hat on! :oops:

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Sampson Manufacturing, they're not currently making them specifically for the 3.75" Wrangler, but the standard version they offer is ridiculously easy to modify for the shorter barreled versions.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Brownells lists after market ejector rods. What doesn't your buddy like about the original, the skimpy knob? I have replaced many of mine with Colt single action style rods, they have a generous knob. Cimarron Firearms has produced a few short barrel model Colt single action clones. I've ordered rods and other parts from them by calling direct. Just google them.

Last edited:

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
Sampson Manufacturing, they're not currently making them specifically for the 3.75" Wrangler, but the standard version they offer is ridiculously easy to modify for the shorter barreled versions.
Interesting that Sampson's web site was out of stock and their price was $30.
Shop Ruger had the Sampson in stock for $28.
Anyways, he ordered it......
Thanks for the help
JAYDAWG

Latest posts