Saw this and had to laugh!!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BearBiologist

Buckeye

Bullthrower338

Single-Sixer
Another man purse=Murse! I have a similar one by 5-11 in my truck but I'd be damned if I would sport it anywhere. I keep some basic survival necessities in it to keep them in an easy to grab bag if I need to ditch my truck and head out on foot. Some 1st aid gear, protein bars, water purification tabs, sig with 4 extra mags, fire starting goodies and an emergency blanket along with an ESSE 4. Handy little bag but not going to enter a tacti-cool fashion contest.

I have one of those from the original manufacturer. It's a really good camera bag. Holds the body with a 70-300 lens attached, 28-55 and a fixed 50 in the main compartment. All manner of accessories, flash, meter, batteries, etc. in the others.

I'll admit to carrying a 'sling bag/one shoulder backpack/'murse' whatever you may call them. When I was doing insurance fraud investigations, I often had to carry more gadgets/measuring devices/camera/assorted stuff than I could possibly hand carry. The shoulder bag was handy for that. Carrying my pistol in one?? NO WAY!!!

I actually like it but think it would be more practical in a more "urban' color... not sure what that means but not the standard black.
Edit: opps... does come in brown and olive drab.... the issue I see is having to unzip the thing to actually draw your weapon....

I carry a man purse everyday when I walk my dogs... it allows for a place to carry the poop bags ... empty and full if need be along with one of my Sig P239s as well as an extra mag... bot with cigar and lighter as well as note pad, pen and flashlight.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Whenever I went shopping with my mother as a young'in and she asked me to hold her purse while she looked for this or that, if anybody looked at me, I would just say "it's a CAMERA bag!".

Snake45

Hawkeye
Whenever I went shopping with my mother as a young'in and she asked me to hold her purse while she looked for this or that, if anybody looked at me, I would just say "it's a CAMERA bag!".
My Aunt carried a Beretta Jetfire in her purse back in the '60s. First one I'd ever seen. She immediately scored about 10,000 Cool Points with me. ;)

Reactions: KIR

noahmercy

Blackhawk
Not exactly a new idea...possibles bags have been around since the 1700s. Although they weren't practical for the large pistols of the time, small screw-barrels and other compact handguns were occasionally carried in them, as well as the "EDC" gear of the day.

Well, here's an update for me. Since it's winter I've been wearing Carhart overalls for work... so I don't have a belt on and stopping at a store or restaurant in between jobs I can't clip on my holster holding my Sig P239 and then a cover garment..... the only solution up until today was to switch to my Sig P290 in 9mm ... which is a small pocket pistol in double action only.... I did take it to my gun range a few weeks ago to once again prove it and I really don't like shooting it and was not that accurate with it..... but it was the best I could come up with until today. Then I realized that a number of years ago some fellow sweep friends gave me a shoulder strap purse... has Sweep's Week stenciled on the side.. this is from a yearly gathering of sweeps,
IMG_7472.jpeg
and the on thing could figure back then, probably 10 years or more to do with it was to sew an uncle mikes holster in it for one of my Ruger P95's.... but then I started taking serious gun classes and realized at least for me carrying concealed at 4 o'clock was the best......still is in my opinion.. but I decided today the compromise while out and about in my sweep's coveralls is the man purse with my Sig P239 in it. Easy to just sling on as I get out of the van....

Snake45

Hawkeye
Well, here's an update for me. Since it's winter I've been wearing Carhart overalls for work... so I don't have a belt on and stopping at a store or restaurant in between jobs I can't clip on my holster holding my Sig P239 and then a cover garment..... the only solution up until today was to switch to my Sig P290 in 9mm ... which is a small pocket pistol in double action only.... I did take it to my gun range a few weeks ago to once again prove it and I really don't like shooting it and was not that accurate with it..... but it was the best I could come up with until today. Then I realized that a number of years ago some fellow sweep friends gave me a shoulder strap purse... has Sweep's Week stenciled on the side.. this is from a yearly gathering of sweeps, View attachment 39939and the on thing could figure back then, probably 10 years or more to do with it was to sew an uncle mikes holster in it for one of my Ruger P95's.... but then I started taking serious gun classes and realized at least for me carrying concealed at 4 o'clock was the best......still is in my opinion.. but I decided today the compromise while out and about in my sweep's coveralls is the man purse with my Sig P239 in it. Easy to just sling on as I get out of the van....
You're giving serious thought to YOUR own situation and you're Improvising, Adapting, and Overcoming! Not nearly enough of that going on these days, so Good For You, Old Friend! ;) (y)

I carry a man purse everyday when I walk my dogs... it allows for a place to carry the poop bags ... empty and full if need be along with one of my Sig P239s as well as an extra mag... bot with cigar and lighter as well as note pad, pen and flflashlight.
So if someone accosts you and says Gimme your S#!t, you can oblige them with a full bag of canine offerings! Good thinking and a great way to recycle your pets waste! (I couldn't resist)!