The Springfield XDS....Almost clueless about this gun,Want info and opinions?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CharlieSW

Bearcat
I have a 9mm and a 40 -- both are very accurate and dependable, and do not seem at all ammo-sensitive. The 40 is particularly reassuring when I am carrying it hiking. They are around half a pound heavier than the current generation of 9mm's, but they are solid and mine have not been finicky at all.

Mike J

Hunter
FWIW, I never shot the XD series well. My S I L had two, 9mm and 40 S&W. I think they are well made but just not for me.
I had a XD-40 4". I liked it a lot for a while but my neighbor messed it up. We had been hunting & were about to leave the woods. At the time I was carrying my XD & he was carrying a 3rd generation G-23 in addition to our rifles. He suggested we both shoot at a knot on a tree. He went first. My group with the XD was about half the size of his with the Glock. Then he suggested I shoot the Glock. My second group was about half the size of my first. That ruined it for me. I didn't wind up with a G-23 but I did wind up with a M&P 2.0 40 Compact later on. The XD was accurate & reliable. I think the ergonomics of it just weren't the best for me.