Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith and Wesson M&P

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DaGrinch

Bearcat
Snake45 said:
VAdoublegunner said:
I'm more of a S&W 3rd Generation autopistol man. Elegantly functional and made to last.
I'm with you. To this day I've yet to see ANY 9mm of any kind I liked any better than the 3G S&Ws.

1st preference, which is not on the list, would be a SIG. Carried one for many years and loved it.
I'd have to say my SR40C is #2. First striker fired weapon I've owned and, so far, has been great.

I still own a 3rd Gen S&W - mainly because it was a cheap buy and it was the 1st semi I ever fired and carried. But, when my department switched from the 3rd Gen S&W to SIG's, it was like going from a Yugo to a Mercedes.

I've shot a Glock and didn't like it. Didn't like the feel or the lack of indexing once fired. Some people love 'em... I'm not one of them.

Snake45

Hawkeye
DaGrinch said:
I still own a 3rd Gen S&W - mainly because it was a cheap buy and it was the 1st semi I ever fired and carried. But, when my department switched from the 3rd Gen S&W to SIG's, it was like going from a Yugo to a Mercedes.
Huh. My impression of the two guns is exactly the opposite. Well, I wouldn't exactly call the SIG a Yugo...maybe something like a much-used Ford truck or something like that....

DaGrinch

Bearcat
Snake45 said:
DaGrinch said:
Huh. My impression of the two guns is exactly the opposite. Well, I wouldn't exactly call the SIG a Yugo...maybe something like a much-used Ford truck or something like that....
I consistently shot high scores with a S&W Mod 64. When we switched to the S&W 5904, almost all the scores on my department went down, mine included. When we went to the SIG P229, all the scores went back up. I was not the only person to comment that the feel of the SIG was far superior to the 5904. It just seemed the tolerances of the parts were better on the SIG than the S&W, giving a person more confidence in the weapon.

But, ain't it grand we live in a country where we can not only own our own weapons, but we can all have varying opinions - not just the opinion of the State?

wrdwrght

Bearcat
In the list, I have an M&P40c and an SR40c; they are my carry candidates.

I give a nod to the former, even though I shoot paper with the latter marginally better (so far). The former feels better in my hand and looks better to my eye. And it has a sight radius a 1/4 inch longer and now sports an XS Sight Systems Big Dot.

As I already have a 1994 SIG P229/40 with Big Dot on the nightstand, I guess the SR40c will cover times when one of my handguns is being serviced. I could also put it in my truck.

All this said, I would feel just as protected were the SR to replace the M&P on my person.

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
Although I drive an import (for the gas mileage only); I prefer my "man toys" to be American made.
I love the XD line but, chose the SR9 over it just for the fact it is made right here in the USA.

9mm Texan

Bearcat
I can't make a choice of pistols in the poll. I like guns with hammers. I am an old wheelgun days LEO leftover who carried a Python for years and years. My wife has a P-95 that is a great accurate and dependable gun. We have a couple of 1911's, and I have an FNP-9 they all have hammers. Its a psychological thing for sure, if it was my only quirk I would be way ahead of the game :)

martyj

Blackhawk
I prefer the Glock it fits in my hand the best. 2nd would be my S&Ws. They are well built and all steel

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Limiting my choices to your list, my favorite is my M&P9 with the Apex trigger kit and Dawson fiber optic adjustable sights. The ergonomics are wonderful and the trigger pull is great.

My second choice is my SR9C.

However, given free reign, my real favorite is my Les Baer 1911 in 9 mm.

eveled

Hawkeye
None of the ones listed.

Walther PSS for carry.

Beretta 92fs for full size.

MKII slab side for plinking.

Remington R1. Everybody needs a 1911.

1918 Luger.for nostalgia

TRanger

Blackhawk
Among the choices listed, I would rank the Glock first. It is not my personal favorite; but I have owned seven, been issued an eighth, and have seen hundreds on the firing line during qualifications. They just plain work.
Second would be the Springfield XD. I have not owned one, but have test fired a few. Most who have them like them and they seem to be gaining ground on Glock. They have been very dependable and shoot well.
The S&W M&P is a good feeling pistol. The few I have tried have performed well with no issues. It has quite a ways to go yet before it matches the reliability of the Glock, but we'll see.
I had high hopes for the SR9, but it stumbled right out of the gate. It feels better than the Glock and is slimmer, but has had issues, many of which have been reported here. The two I have tried shot well, but one of them malfunctioned repeatedly. Not confidence inspiring.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
SR40 is my go to over MP40, xd tactical, kimber sts, etc. i feel the SR series rugers are strong, reliable and accurate enough that i have given three so far as gifts to family members. i shoot the 40 better than the 9mm SR i bought first. also prefer the 40 round for defensive reasons.
if i had to pick a favorite revolver it would be my 4' redhawk in 44mag. next would come either SP101 357mag or 686+ S&W depending on whether concealment was important. when i carry concealed in bear country a snub 629 with laser sight is on my hip under the shirt.
i have had very good luck with ruger firearms. only had one problem with one weapon and ruger made that right in good time. wishing now for an SR45. hope that becomes an option before i am too old to pick one up.

Tx gun runner

Single-Sixer
I love the 1911 and carried one from 1968 to 2003 , but I love my Glock better for a CCW since it was the 1st DA gun I could reach the trigger with my small hands and you can shoot 100,000 rds threw them without any problems , plus weight , size and trigger pull make it a super gun . I hate all DA/SA triggers guns the trigger pull on DA are super bad . Glock has millions of gun of there that all over the world that run perfect .

40vs45-1.jpg

I guess I must have issues with the 21st Century or something. I still prefer my Ruger P89. I'll eventually get around to checking out some SR or another but I'm in no hurry.

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
Of the options given:

1. XD - I have 3 and love them. They have the best feeling factory trigger for a striker fired pistol in my opinion, feel good in my hand and have proved to be 100% reliable and accurate for me.

2. Glock
3. M&P
4. SR

Latest posts