The 44 Mag Belly Gun You Always Wanted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
Okay, You'll know I'm playing you when you open the link.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=246218431

pix302362818.jpg

I should have said, "A 44 Belly Gun You've Never Seen Before".

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
:? Hard to believe someone is parting with that after all the fancy custom work... And a nice counterbored cylinder too.

wwb

Hunter
OOOHHH !!!! It's a CUSTOM VINTAGE SUPER BLACKHAWK.

In addition to the chopped and butchered barrel, it comes complete with what appears to be pitting on the topstrap and a grip frame done by the same butcher that did the barrel.

It must be a very early New Model to be "Vintage", I guess.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
As a matter of fact I have seen a few nice examples of big bore BH bellyguns, but that ain't one of them... :roll:

That one is neither "custom" or "vintage", merely an example of some dimbulb's butchery of a good sixgun! :x

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
:roll: I had to check it out a second time. I didn't notice the front sight the first time. That is wrong!

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
Looks like a good prospect for a restoration job, if someone could get it cheap enough.

Or, maybe do some good custom work on it? Anything one could do would be an improvement.

Something tells me they can get it cheap enough, if it sells at all.

Daryl

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
The gun "smith" who did this must have a path worn 6" deep leading to his door. Gun artistry on a level I've never seen before!

THis goes well beyond any BBQ gun I've ever seen!

Nowata

Single-Sixer
Must have gone to the Freddie Kruger School of Gunsmithing

I think I need a tissue....

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
AzRebel said:
Looks like a good prospect for a restoration job, if someone could get it cheap enough.

Or, maybe do some good custom work on it? ...Daryl

I agree, D. It's a 1973, high-polish, Super with recesessed chambers. It would be nice to see it rescued through restoration or sent back to Ruger (for a 5.5" barrel and steel Blackhawk gripframe IMHO) for refit. I bet Rugerguy would know how to make it perfect!

CraigC

Hawkeye
Actually, as long as it was solid mechanically and had no other evidence of being tampered-with, I'd gladly pay $150-$200 for it. I think.

RonS

Single-Sixer
At some time in it's life, that gun was present to witness those immortal words. . .

..."Hold my beer and watch this".

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
Unconverted said:
AzRebel said:

Or, maybe do some good custom work on it? ...Daryl

I agree, D. It's a 1973, high-polish, Super with recesessed chambers. It would be nice to see it rescued through restoration or sent back to Ruger (for a 5.5" barrel and steel Blackhawk gripframe IMHO) for refit. I bet Rugerguy would know how to make it perfect!

Exactly. I've seen beautiful custom revolvers that started out as a firearm that fell from a moving vehicle, and so forth.

I'd easily give $150 for it, but not much more. It needs some work (badly), and should go to someone willing to make it what she should have been. ;)

Daryl