These Boots are made for walkin'...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hawkeye
IMG_2387.jpeg

I use these Timberlan pros for work. This comparison on the first day with a new pair and the ones being replaced.

I don't bother looking for ones that can be resoled. I wear out the tops before the bottoms.

Since I retired I don't voluntarily wear pants or boots. I wear these when riding my motorcycle or 4 wheeler. Great shin protection from sticks and branches. They're great in the winter for launching my boat, canoe or crossing streams. Evidently they're also good for venomous snakes as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20220531_160243375.jpg
    IMG_20220531_160243375.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 55
I used to wear European Hiking/Climbing boots exclusively for work before steel toes became mandatory. Great ankle support for working off ladders all day. Meindle, Vasque, San Marcos etc. I have a pair of Technical Ice Climbers for when I sprain an ankle badly. That way I can keep going.

Rudedawg

Bearcat
I only wear boots for squirrel hunting, love my old Rockport MT Greylock trail boots.
Rockport MT Greylock trail boots.jpg

Rudedawg

Bearcat
I don't know, those boots don't look very good for climbing trees. ;)
Oh man yeah, strap on lineman spurs and a waist belt then you can climb up amongst the squirrels. Knock in the head with a baseball bat and never fire a shot, I call it ammo conservation. :ROFLMAO: