Tri colors

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
SAM_1435.JPG

Johnnu2

Hunter
That is a very beautiful display. It's conservative in essence and creative in design. Every single piece of it is 'shown' nicely.
The guns are really nice too.

J.

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
And I'll take a handful of those silver dollars too! :D
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!

Contender,
Summer of 1948 my dad and grandpa took a train from Tacoma Wa to the Dodge plant in Detroit and bought a new Pickup and drove it home to the Olympic Peninsula. Along the way they collected these Morgan and Peace dollars in their transactions, I guess they had not seen many in this neck of the woods.
If only they would have sold them in 1980 when they were worth $100 each and invested the 15k or so..........
They're worth about $30 each today
So, family heirlooms:cool:

Cheers,
JAYDAWG

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
I like the sign
Thanks, I know that based on how much you charged me for it:giggle:
I do have some jussbad bling around the place!!
Cool custom tri-color, I like it. Is the cylinder frame cerakoted?
I also took a couple worn out grip frames and polished them, kinda gives
a gun that "old school" look that I like.
I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket, sell me something.........

Cheers,
JaydaWg

Started life as a LWSC and I had Alan Harton send the cylinder (silver one) and the frame to have anodized for the "plum" look. Just something to do I guess. The gun was very well worn as far as finish... I wish I had something really cool left.

contender

Ruger Guru
"I've never seen a tri-color before 😮 They are definitely getting added to my wantlist for the collection"

Get ready to spend some money. Nice ones aren't cheap. And often,, the box can cost more than the gun. So,, if you collect,,, be fore-warned. (A box with the wreath colored green is the rarest one. You will pay BIG bucks for one of those boxes.

BTW; In the Lightweight types of guns,, there are variations. The Tri-Color,, (as shown,) model LWAC, that has the alloy cylinder frame, the steel barrel, and the different colored alloy cylinder. Then, there's the LWSC that looks all blue/black & has a steel cylinder. And the all blue, alloy cylinder model. Throw in the flat loading gates & the ones with the round loading gate. Or the ejector rod button differences.
Collecting the Lightweights can be a deep & expensive rabbit hole. The Tri-Color is the most obvious one. Easily spotted. And for a bit more info,, due to the process of coloring the Tri-Color's back then,, the cylinders will almost always have nicks in the flutes. Ones w/o nicks are rare.

Over the years,, I've snagged a few Lightweights. My best score was an all blue alloy one. I spotted it on a gun show table on a Friday night after I'd gotten set up. The cylinder has a slightly different color of "blue" as a normal Single-Six. I was able to buy it for $350.00,, because the seller didn't know what a Lightweight was.
I've also got a spare,, MINTY,, (no nicks,) cylinder for a Tri-Color that a former collector let my buy.

They are out there,, you just have to hunt for them!