What do you guy know about Colibri ammo?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
I_Like_Pie":3jtra8yp said:
Gator I have shot tens of thousands of rounds of colibri from my break action 22 rifles. Out of a pistol I agree, but a 20" barrel it does, in fact, sound like an airgun. Great thing is that you can get it shipped to your house from midway for about $25 per brick.

My .22 Sheridan 392 is actually louder than this ammo, and so are my springers by a factor of 2. I does however sound EXACTLY like my co2 benjamin. Out of my 28" CZ Silouette gun you can hear the firing pin crunch the rim.

Pistol is loud, but out of a rifle it is great stuff. many a squirrel have fallen to it.
Never shot Colibris but have shot hundreds of the similar CCI CB longs out of handguns and rifles. Out of a rifle these were quieter than a handclap and I believe a good deal quieter than my springer air rifle. Out of a handgun they were like a loud cap pistol, or about like a hammer hitting a board. I used to shoot them out of a pistol in the attic of a two-story house right on the main square of a small town and no neighbor nor anyone else (including the downstairs neighbors) ever asked me about the noise or what I was doing.

golflender

Bearcat
stubbfarmer":15l9ui3n said:
When a bullet sticks, you have to push it out with a cleaning rod. It will not just fall out. I do not know what happens if you fire another round with a bullet in the barrel. I think if it is a Colibri, you will have 2 stuck but can sill push them out with the cleaning rod. A regular 22 might hurt your gun.

thanks for clearing that up :wink: