What made you a Ruger rifle fan?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fujicon

Bearcat
My first Ruger was an American rifle in .308. Run of the mill rifle performed well, but did not make me a Ruger fan. Then I picked up a Hawkeye Guide Gun in 338WM with iron sights, added Alaskan quick detachable mounts. That one made me a fan. Love that gun.

instructor

Single-Sixer
I have owned several Ruger firearms during my current life of 81 years and always wanted the 77 Mk II known as the "American Express" version in caliber 30-06. Well, I bought one from good friend of mine and could not be more pleased with it. It was new in the box with all papers and never fired until some months ago when I put three rounds down the barrel at 100 yards and all three were touching each other. Some friends tell me that I will never be able to sell the rifle as new unfired and that is just fine for me because it will eventually go to my only son Richard and know he will take good care of it. Yes, I have also owned and hunted with Winchester Model 70 rifles, but they are far from matching this outstanding Ruger Mod. 77 Mk II.