why no brass and bullets on Ebay?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44shootist

Single-Sixer
Was trying to figure out yesterday why you never see brass or bullets for sale on Ebay, always wanted to see people sell it there think it may help bring the price down in a over priced market and help make it cheeper to reload.
I alway figured Ebay had rules against bullets and brass so I called them up to ask why? they said you can sell all the bullets and brass you want on Ebay and with their blessing, just no powder, primers, or loaded cartrages.
So have people thought they couldn't sell it there, like I thought? I would much rather bid then walk in a gun shop and pay a high price that keeps going up every time.

Rclark

Hunter
What's EBay? Hardly ever use it....

Besides being anti-gun, it probably doesn't make 'business' sense. The prices would be the same as on the vendors company's website.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
You can find brass and bullets for sale in the RF classifieds on a pretty regular basis, not to mention... if you have any for sale you can list it for free!!! RF doesn't rip you off like ebay does. 8)

capt.ruger

Bearcat
Hi. The person you talked to didn't know what he was talking about. A search on e-Bay will show you what is not allowed. NOT ALLOWED- Blank ammo. bullets, buck shot, or lead shot. Cartridges, casings,shells or hulls. Dummy ammo. Gunpowder and primers. Inert ammo. Live ammo.
Years ago I bought bullets from a guy on e-Bay but if memory serves me correctly that all ended when some nut shot up a school and used a magazine he got off of e-Bay.

Ebay pulled all the auctions containing magazines, barrels, bolts, bullets, cases, and anything concerning same right after one of the campus shooting sprees. I bought a bunch of barrels, bullets, and cases right before this when everyone wanted to sell before the lock.

pistoleer44

Single-Sixer
Back in the 80's and early 90's I bought and sold brass and reloading equipment on a regular basis on ebay. When they banned it, I quit. Most folks moved over to gunbroker to sell. I never did and often wondered how it was going.

I got more really good buys on Ebay from sellers who got the stuff at garage sales and auctions and didn't really know what it was worth. Most all the sellers on GB know what their product is worth and expect that much + fees.

44shootist

Single-Sixer
Mobuck,
thats my point why I want to see them back on Ebay, just what you said for a good deal from someone that don't know what they are worth or just wants to get rid of them and not try to get top dollar like GB dealers that never sell none any way.
It's a win win deal for the seller and buyer on Ebay.

Pugsbrew

Bearcat
44shootist said:
Mobuck,
thats my point why I want to see them back on Ebay, just what you said for a good deal from someone that don't know what they are worth or just wants to get rid of them and not try to get top dollar like GB dealers that never sell none any way.
It's a win win deal for the seller and buyer on Ebay.

The problem is, everyone now goes to Ebay and bids all prices WAY up from what it is worth. It starts out as a good deal, but finishes up as overpriced. JMTC.

buy at yard sales, if you can find them.

K. Funk

Single-Sixer
Plus, you gotta use paypal now, which is also anti-gun. I don't have to worry about it anymore as I have been banned for life. 2nd offense for accepting paypal for a gun. Some people just don't know the meaning of the word discreet.

krf

427mach1

Blackhawk
Back in the 80's and early 90's I bought and sold brass and reloading equipment on a regular basis on ebay

Are you sure about those dates? I have trouble mixing up the decades, too!

The History of eBay

eBay was founded in Pierre Omidyar's San Jose living room back in September 1995. It was from the start meant to be a marketplace for the sale of goods and services for individuals.