WTS- Custom S&W Revolvers-SPF for both

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have decided to thin the herd a little bit if anyone is interested. The first gun was one of John Gallaghers personal guns that he did the action on, installed the Ajax sambar stag grips and rebarrelled with a rebored model 28 barrel so the gun is like a mountain gun configuration but it is an early model 29 no dash 44 magnum with on early S prefix serial number. The gun has a wide serrated trigger and Johns logo on the side plate and is a 4 screw Smith.

The second gun is a custom model 27-2 by Jim Stroh. As many of you know Jim recently retired and the only way to get one of his conversions is to talk someone out of theirs. This has a 5" barrel and it has been converted to 44 Special. CC hammer and narrow smooth trigger and it wears a set of exhibition grade walnut grips by John Culina that I ordered last year.

Since both these guns are N frame Smiths, either set of grips fits either gun. The price for EACH gun is $1825 shipped Priority mail from my FFL to your FFL. If you want the guns insured beyond the standard insurance amount of the priority package then that will be added to the cost of the gun. Also, the first person who commits to one of the guns get to choose which set of grips they want included with the gun. If you are the first to commit to one of these guns and you want the grips switched, you can choose to do so and I will switch the grips. If the gun you want has the grips you want, then no problem either.

As usual, the first "I will take it" followed by confirming PM gets the gun locked up. I would also allow a person to make a payment plan of half now and the balance within 30 days.

I CAN EVEN GO A 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 PLAN IF THAT HELPS ON EITHER GUN

Thanks for looking,

Robb

Model 29 44 Mag by Gallagher

Model 27 44 Special by Stroh

Thank you Thurmanator, as I get older and near 60 I decided I will try to keep the number of revolvers limited to the number of slots in the racks in the safe. No orphans laying on their sides on top of files! Seriously though, I only have half a dozen or so Smiths and neither of these were customs that I personally commissioned. Just for grins, here are a picture of the other couple still in there.

Early 3 digit triple lock

Factory letter pinto gun in 44 Special Target pre-model 24

First year model 57 41 mag

Little 44 Special model 24-3 with one of Mike Barranti's little Sloane holsters and Keith Brown grips.

Bowen conversion of a model 58 into a 45 Colt with a 5" model 1955 target barrel, his combat sights and Keith Brown's rendition of Roper's stocks.
These and the two for sale are the limit of my Smith guns.

gw425

Single-Sixer
Bump for some fantastic revolvers and a good guy. Remember guys, Jim Stroh is now retired. Only way to get a Stroh gun is to wait until somebody lets one go. The triggers on a Stroh Smith are fantastic!

Greg