Am I being paranoid?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I had to take 2 of the nitro pills when I got wonky feeling. Oddly enough I either didn't get a head ache,or was hurting too bad otherwise that it wasn't a concern.
I take a low dose every day after my bypass along with other assorted pills.

A short nitro spray story. I had a heart attack several years ago and over a few years managed to accumulate some stents. Now take a low dose aspirin
and a anti-platelet drug. Doc likes me to keep nitro handy although I've never needed it. When it was available I carried a spray type when I ran and at
races...just in case.
Long training run a few years ago I started to feel light headed like I was going to pass out, maybe 12-14 miles into it. Noticed my one leg of my shorts was wet and cold....yup, the end of the spray bottle had cracked and dumped it's entire content on my upper thigh and leg. Initially I took a few minutes to figure out what the hell was happening, ended up laying on the ground with my feet up for about 20 minutes before things cleared up some. Found out after talking with the Doc that the spray will absorb through the skin pretty well.
I now carry a few tablets.

jimirwin

Bearcat
I've often wondered if and under what circumstances nitro tabs might detonate and with what power? Anyone know for sure?

the internet says they can't and won't. I did think about putting one on a brick or block and then dropping another one on it....

From a personal note... I do think it is kind of ironic that I carry Nitroglycerine on my person every day and about 30 years ago I was 'interviewed' by the FBI looking for the Uni-bomber.

I think carrying regular aspirin is the right answer to the original post. As for whether it is being paranoid.... at the very most... until you need one.
No different than that extra magazine on my belt.

Pal Val

Buckeye
The doctor advised me against the aspirin. It's a blood thinner, which means it could promote unwanted internal bleeding in case of trauma. It also has other side effects which get worse with age (I'm 71). Vitamin D3 has similar benefit and none of the side effects.

Interesting. Vito you are not paranoid. Even if you were, only intelligent people are paranoid. The original studies with aspirin(ASA) we're so compelling that the studies were stopped after 2 years instead of 5. Why people get exercised over taking 81mg of Asa, I don't know. For many years people took Asa 650 mg every 4-6 hours for pain. I don't recall anyone bleeding out then! Unless allergic Asa is safer than those other blood thinners, and is very inexpensive. I have a pacemaker. I have taken Asa 81 mg daily since age 55, and since I got the pacer back in Feb, I added a 325 mg tab at night. If you are getting bruising you might be low on Vit C. I am NOT taking any other blood thinners, they do put people in the hospital for internal bleeding.
gramps

eveled

Hawkeye
Paranoid ? Doesn't even twitch the meter on the paranoia gage .
I was thinking the same thing. I was expecting the thread to be about lining your hat with tin foil.

Lots of good info shared here. Thanks guys

buckaroo

Banned
Am I being paranoid?

It's smart I think if you know how to take it otherwise it can eat your stomach lining up. My concern is reading around on this forum and seeing how many of you have had heart surgery, something doesn't jive and I suspect what I have for awhile as it pertains to the medical establishment. And that is they are performing unnecessary surgery's and prescribing pills to make money. And it would seem it's now gone into full on racket mode.

It's no different then them now selling the virus jabs and every hospital and clinic in America is milking Uncle Sammy to the ninth degree. The whole thing stinks !
I was notified by my provider back in June I needed another pneumonia jab because the CDC had changed the guide lines, and the one I had gotten a few years back was no longer good for life. So like an idiot I took the bait.

Suffice to say if I could prove it I would sue my provider into poverty, 10 days after the jab I develop the current symptoms of the strain that was prevalent at the time. It came on quickly and left quickly but I have never been so sick or fearful in my life.
They purposely weaken my 'natural immune system' so that they could continue to sell the jabs, you see how this game works now.

My provider that day had thrown me out of the office when I question her understanding of the hyped flu con and her hospital milking it all and lying to the public. Her attitude was you are merely a simpleton and a peasant I have a medical degree. My response was you don't know anymore than a homeless person does, merely parroting because you think the CDC and FDA does who are getting greased from Big pharmy.

Last edited:

Selena

Hunter
A long way from heaven and far too close to Chicag
Paranoid? No. I would prefer you take a low dose aspirin in the morning and carry a few nitrostat on your key chain but if the aspirin gives you comfort then carry it. It is your body and I make the assumption you are smart enough to research your condition. After that any strategies you and your doctor come up with are informed choices not paranoia.

I take a low dose aspirin per my DR every morning. Never had a heart attack but really high BP. I take my doses whenever camping/ hunting/travel etc and carry with extra pills just incase I am delayed.
I think the take on this is if you can tell your having some weird feelings that your aware may have to do with meds or lack of them, why not have some handy. It's being prepared.

Ranger

Single-Sixer
Buckaroo: Just FWIW: I've been in the health field for several decades and my wife is both a pharmacist and a physician. Unquestionably, they're are some shady health care practitioners who do unnecessary procedures or order questionable treatments. From what I've seen these are mainly those who are in business for themselves - which makes sense. I've also noticed that some of these seem to target the anti-medical establishment folks by peddling alternative approaches. All that said, the vast majority of health care practitioners will always put the patient's best interests first based upon scientically proven practices... and they will absolutely and deservedly take offense at any patient's suggesting otherwise. My wife probably would have had you thrown out too if you accused her of something. No practitioner wants to accept patients who are noncompliant or argumentative for many reasons. Two of my siblings have the "Google medical degrees" and have just about burnt their bridges with every good medical practitioner within 100+ miles.

I realize this is an old thread. BUT it is pretty apparent that a few of you don't know the difference between taking an aspirin for a blood thinner and an aspirin for a heart attack. I suggest you research and find out the difference between the two.
My Cardiologist recommends one low dose aspirin daily since I have a leaking Aortic Valve. Wife and I both keep full size CHEWABLE aspirin in our night stands incase of a heart attack during the night.

Paul B

Hunter
When I had my heart attack on Feb 27, 2022 the doc put in a stent, then another about a month later. He prescribed a blood thinner called Brillinta. $750 a pop and my health insurance will not pay for it. I finally stopped taking it about 6 month ago as I was possibly going to undergo surgery for colon cancer should the chemo and radiation therapies not work. Apparently they worked as the last MRI showed me clean so they just did another one earlier this week. Every month there is a group of cancer doctors who meet and discuss treatments for certain patients and, I'll be under discussion as to whether they want the surgeon to do some cutting. Me? I'm against it. I'm sure the surgeon thinks otherwise. I believe I have the right to refuse. Like the ladies say, "It's my body."
Paul B.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
I've heard for years to chew 2 big full size Bayer Aspirin if you're having a heart attack.(unless you have been prescribed nitro tablets). Like all stated it can't hurt if it's not a heart attack and if you are it may save your life. I'm going to take my little keyring container with my earplugs and put aspirin back in. Thanks for the idea!