Any reason Ruger should make a blued 1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Perhaps focus first on delivering the ones they announced in April?

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Like everything else Ruger makes, need variations for the collector!! 8)

I'm hoping in the future they'll have Commander size and offer one with a bobtail option. Stainless, of course.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
I also want a stainless commander size one. If they made a blued SR1911 I seriously doubt I would buy one......unless it was a deep shiney royal blue,then I might be tempted.

coltROYALblue1300670094.jpg

The Wall

Single-Sixer
It doesn't matter to me since I don't plan on getting another 1911 of any color, size, or manufacture. I love the gun, but only need one. My next gun will be a SA revolver. I like a variety of makes and models. :D

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
No reason in my book to make a blued SR1911......maybe a blackened stainless one would be okay.

A

Anonymous

revhigh said:
Can't beat the Royal Blue of an old Colt ....

REV

I agree with rev on that one, if its not the colt royal blue or the old school blue on smiths, hell no.
Eric

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
Youth must be served, give the young guys their stainless toys. As for myself, I like a blued handgun with either figured walnut, or ivory grips. :wink:

A.W.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Anthony Williams said:
Youth must be served, give the young guys their stainless toys. As for myself, I like a blued handgun with either figured walnut, or ivory grips. :wink:

A.W.

Not a Ruger, but did someone say BLue and Ivory?

ColtSterling_1.jpg

ColtSterling_2.jpg

The Wall

Single-Sixer
mrbumps, I'm not sure but I don't think that is blued. Looks more like Parkerized to me.

I don't see why not.

There are many folks who prefer a "blue steel" gun to a "silver" gun. If Ruger offered a blue version it would potentially increase their market share.

What's the problem?

mrbumps

Blackhawk
The Wall said:
mrbumps, I'm not sure but I don't think that is blued. Looks more like Parkerized to me.

It's Colt's Matte Blue, with only the sides of the slide polished. It was a Talo limited edition back in 2008.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Ale-8(1) said:
There are many folks who prefer a "blue steel" gun to a "silver" gun. If Ruger offered a blue version it would potentially increase their market share.

What's the problem?

:shock:

If Ruger could fill the demand for the single 1911 they're making now it would increase their market share. :roll:

One would think a blued 1911 done well would be more labor intensive than the current matte stainless version. Last thing they need right now...

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ said:
Ale-8(1) said:

What's the problem?

:shock:

If Ruger could fill the demand for the single 1911 they're making now it would increase their market share. :roll:

One would think a blued 1911 done well would be more labor intensive than the current matte stainless version. Last thing they need right now...

Amen to that.

New additions to the SR1911 line will be next year at best,IMHO.

I would bet that many of those now buying (or seeking) a stainless SR1911 would much rather have a blue one were they available, thus relieving some of the pressure from the production of silver guns.

It's moot, of course, because I'd also bet that Ruger's marketing wizards have determined that if they're only going to produce one type initially, the silver ones are the "hot setup" right now. Makes sense if they've done the proper homework.

There was no time frame established in the original post, so I'll just say that there is still no reason for Ruger to NOT produce a blue gun. If blue guns were not popular, many of the current manufacturers thereof would not be nearly so busy as they seem to be. It's all a matter of timing and overall production capability.

JMHO
:)