Blazer ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I doubt seriously that more folks have been killed with the 22lr cartridge than any other....
Show me the numbers...
Just back in the early 40's a heck of a lot of people were killed with the 30 caliber round in one type of cartridge or another....

As for the original question.... I think it's pretty well established here that Blazer is fine for practice and plinking... most here would not have it as their first choice for self defense though.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Someone smarter than me, I know there is 1 or 2 out there :sneaky:, should make a poll as to generally speaking what is your fave brand of ammo, then another poll as to best brand of ammo depending on caliber, then...

I doubt seriously that more folks have been killed with the 22lr cartridge than any other....
Show me the numbers...
Just back in the early 40's a heck of a lot of people were killed with the 30 caliber round in one type of cartridge or another....

As for the original question.... I think it's pretty well established here that Blazer is fine for practice and plinking... most here would not have it as their first choice for self defense though.
You look it up. That way you will know. If I give you a link you will probably question my sources. Google it.

hittman

Staff member

• Most mass shooters used firearms chambered in 9mm and .223 Remington in 2023 and 2024 (to date), resulting in 45% of all deaths.
What Caliber is Used in Most Murders?
The 9mm is most often used in homicides and results in the most fatal shootings.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Just because the mob uses .22LR does not mean it's the most commonly used for murder. Obviously 9X19 is the most commonly used therefore the most common "killer".

How the heck did we get to this? The OP posted and poorly written question then I got called out for something I didn't write and now we're debating CARTRIDGES again...?

Dear Heavens...

Star43

Buckeye
Oh God, Let's not debate cartridges again !!! ( I like 9mm). Just kidding !! Let's just say they are all good......I remember mostly about Blazer ammo when it first appeared, was that it was aluminium cased ammo and therefore a bit cheaper to buy for plinking and such. Then the Blazer Brass.....Either way, I have used Blazer ammo and it worked fine. Nowadays if one can find a decent ammo to use and save a few bucks, & it works pretty well then, God Bless America !!! 🙂🙂👍👍

BigAl

Bearcat
Blazer is great. Price is right, no issues with any of my guns shooting them, quality control seems top shelf and like I said, prices are good.
I've bought tons of it and every time I'm in Academy I check. Sometimes you can get the 9mm 115 grain at about 10 bucks a box of 50. Back in the day, not that long ago, 9 bucks a box. But even now you get it for around 10 or 11 bucks a box.

Star43

Buckeye
TEN Bucks a Box !! In California you couldn't even buy an Empty box for $10 !! Cheap ammo over here is Double that price and that's when you can find it "on sale". Sure I bought ammo for $10 for 50 rounds, but that was many Years ago.

Star43

Buckeye
Unfortunately, the difference in price between Blazer Brass and the aluminum Blazer has narrowed greatly over time.

Today the aluminum and brass cost almost the same, so I just buy the brass.
Well that makes perfect sense. Why mess around with the aluminum if there is a no big savings. I would like to find a store where I can get it for $10. At that price, aluminum or brass, who cares!

BigAl

Bearcat
Unfortunately, the difference in price between Blazer Brass and the aluminum Blazer has narrowed greatly over time.

Today the aluminum and brass cost almost the same, so I just buy the brass.
I've only bought the brass because I save my casings knowing they are single fired and as I reload them they are move to 2nd/3rd..etc to track the condition. Some people don't much agree, but they don't last forever...Ha.

BigAl

Bearcat
Well that makes perfect sense. Why mess around with the aluminum if there is a no big savings. I would like to find a store where I can get it for $10. At that price, aluminum or brass, who cares!

Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115-Grain FMJ Centerfire Pistol Ammunition

Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115-Grain FMJ Centerfire Pistol Ammunition                                                                - view number 1 selected

Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115-Grain FMJ Centerfire Pistol Ammunition - view number 1
Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115-Grain FMJ Centerfire Pistol Ammunition                                                                - view number 1

$14.99 Not the lowest but the current cost at my local.

Star43

Buckeye

Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115-Grain FMJ Centerfire Pistol Ammunition

Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115-Grain FMJ Centerfire Pistol Ammunition                                                                - view number 1 selected

Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115-Grain FMJ Centerfire Pistol Ammunition - view number 1
Blazer Brass 9mm Luger 115-Grain FMJ Centerfire Pistol Ammunition                                                                - view number 1

$14.99 Not the lowest but the current cost at my local.
$15 for 50 rounds, and brass. That is a good price. We don't see that at all in California, or at least I don't......

BigAl

Bearcat
I just looked and see you are in Oklahoma. Well you guys have way different pricing than we do. We can't even sniff a box of 50 for 15 bucks.
It goes up and down but the worse thing is powder and primers. All the powder companies and primer makers are being bought up and the prices are crazy. Crazy if you can get the primers and powder you need.
Oklahoma is a very friendly 2a state. We have constitutional carry and we have concealed carry. No restrictions on mags and if you want to walk into Walmart strapped, you can. It's just not a big deal here. Most people don't carry open because it's smart for people to not know your packed. Just makes sense. But, we don't have these crazy shootouts. Our kids are hunters from the time they could carry a rifle.
Our Governor signed a bill a few years back, that states that any company in our state that discriminates anyone on their second amendment rights cannot do any business with the state Government. That's some pretty big money right there. They don't have to be selling guns, they could be selling cars, tools, whatever, if they discriminate against 2a, they will not get a dime from the state for any of their products.
So, ammo dealers here know they don't have extra taxes, insurances, liabilities ect to sell ammo. You can order ammo to your home if you want. I used to buy a couple k of rounds at a time before shipping got so high

Star43

Buckeye
Well, Oklahoma sounds like a pretty good place to me. All.of those things you mentioned have me shaking my head from what we Don't have here in California. The best part is your Governor being all pro second amendment !! Unbelievable!! You live in a Free State & it Sounds great! 👍👍

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Someone told me that Blazer ammo is inferior. True?
I use the brass but not the aluminum, had a bad experience with aluminum 357 ammo. Several years back i was shooting in my back yard and my Charter Mag Pug exploded in my hand. Part of the cylinder hit me in the forehead and it raised the top strap. Charter replaced the gun and I received a coupon for new ammo from the ammo company and I got brass next time. Right after that happened, I saw a post online where a GP 100 top strap was bulged from a aluminum blazer case. So I don't use aluminum anymore, they may be ok but I just don't want to take the chance again.

Latest posts