Hell on earth

Help Support Ruger Forum:

protoolman

Service-Sixer
So is it called climate change when vegas and reno burn up or do we remember the mafia greated a gambling paradise in the desert because it was a desert where few people lived?

You are in the minority. Much of the southwest has been locked into high heat and drought. The east has seen record temperatures. The mail-order seed and plant businesses have adjusted the growing zone map to reflect climate change, and that's not political.
FWIW, I remember summer days in high 90's in Atlanta, Ga in the 50's and 60's. I also saw 8 mm camera movies of my mother and aunt playing in 18 inches of snow in Atlanta back in the 1930's.
gramps

I worked on a project at the University of Californian at Riverside during July and August. The temp. were in the 100-105 which I found to be a lot better than the high humidity temps in my area.
I also worked outside in the Western Desert of Egypt during July with 115-120 not to bad and it really cooled off at night.

Jeepnik,
Don't you get a lot of moisture in your house with the windows open from the morning fog. In the past we had attic fans in our rented house which made the inside of the house about 100% humidity.

I spent some time in San Diego while working in Riverside. Absolutely beautiful as most of California is that I have been in which has been from San Diego to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe along with LA to Las Vegas. I have also flown a Super Cub down the valley from Sacramento-LA to Houston. BEAUTIFUL.

Oh by the way for all you CA. haters I was not attacked by any Dumbocraps.:)

Last edited:
Yes, we do have higher humidity but not uncomfortably so. It's why we have mold and mildew issues on house exteriors in areas that don't get much direct sunlight. But a spray with mold killer once a year deals with that. It's primarily an appearance issue. No issues indoors but we do have an additive in our paint.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
NEVER "HATED" California, Just feel that it has gotten over populated with morons from the eastern liberal states and that over population has destroyed much of what made it a great state including loading it up with liberal moron politicians.

Kindergarten-- San Diego
First Grade ---- Huntington Beach
Aunts and Uncles-- Garden Grove, Whittier
Parents-- Garden Grove (after Dad retired from the Army)
Grand Parents- Garden Grove/ Long Beach off and on from the '30's.
Me- 1959-- 1979 Whittier, Garden Grove, Long Beach, Chino
Still got a load of nieces/nephews/cousins in California
Older brother was BORN in Long Beach and lived in SoCal until his death.

Last edited:
I went to 3rd grade for part of the year in Santa Rosa in 1951 while my Dad was in Korea flying in B-29s. When he returned we moved to Base Housing Travis AFB while he flew in B-36s and I finished 3rd grade there.

Climates change - sometimes warmer, other times colder. Stone tablets (inscribed with 15 commandments) were reportedly unearthed recently in a drill site outside of Midland, TX. Geologists reported that the tablets were buried beneath a layer of sand brought by an ancient inland sea, then by a layer of vegetation which was, in turn, covered with another layer of sand - which ultimately created oil deposits. Sarcasm aside, the winter of 1979-80 was factually the coldest in 30 years in North Texas; the winter of 1980-81 the coldest in 100 years. To balance things out, the summer of 1980 was the hottest on record, with 60 consecutive days of 100+ degree heat, a total of 72 days over 100 degrees and a highest temperature during that stretch that reached 114 degrees (which itself was NOT a record). The following year's Farmer's Almanac proclaimed that North Texas' 1980 full-year average temperature was exactly average.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
NEVER "HATED" California, Just feel that it has gotten over populated with morons from the eastern liberal states and that over population has destroyed much of what made it a great state including loading it up with liberal moron politicians.

Kindergarten-- San Diego
First Grade ---- Huntington Beach
Aunts and Uncles-- Garden Grove, Whittier
Parents-- Garden Grove (after Dad retired from the Army)
Grand Parents- Garden Grove/ Long Beach off and on from the '30's.
Me- 1959-- 1979 Whittier, Garden Grove, Long Beach, Chino
Still got a load of nieces/nephews/cousins in California
Older brother was BORN in Long Beach and lived in SoCal until his death.
Calif does not import anyone from the Eastern States anymore. They have had more than enough of their own home grown liberal Demorats since the turn of the century! IMHO

Calif does not import anyone from the Eastern States anymore. They have had more than enough of their own home grown liberal Demorats since the turn of the century! IMHO
The question is: which century? Four decades ago I toured Hurst Castle. The tour guide gleefully described the debauchery and scandalous lifestyles of those who frequented this site as early as the 1930s. Point to remember: Hurst Castle was built in response to, rather than in anticipation of, such behavior. There's no question that today's moral void (particularly in Hollywood) was spawned early in the 20th century if not earlier.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
The question is: which century? Four decades ago I toured Hurst Castle. The tour guide gleefully described the debauchery and scandalous lifestyles of those who frequented this site as early as the 1930s. Point to remember: Hurst Castle was built in response to, rather than in anticipation of, such behavior. There's no question that today's moral void (particularly in Hollywood) was spawned early in the 20th century if not earlier.
People have had questionable moral since the beginning of time. Poor morals were not invented in Calif.! 🤪

When we get a cold spell here in the Midwest the media just says its normal temperature variation, but when we get a hot spell they scream "climate change". FWIW, we are now in September, and in August there were ZERO named hurricanes for the entire country, something that has only happened one other year since 1966. Total hurricanes per year have been decreasing over the last 150 years. But those that think the solution to everything is giving more control over our lives to the government bureaucrats have been using "climate change" to get generally unthinking voters to support their goal. These same big government advocates tried fears of another Ice Age back in the '70's and that didn't work for many people. They tried "over population" in the '60's and when they failed to materialize they needed a new cause to justify higher taxes and more government power. They think that they have hit the jackpot with "climate change" and I worry that they might be right.

Also FWIW, even if the climate is actually changing, and even if this change is in part due to human activity, I have never seen any credible data to indicate that if we surrender our lives and the quality of our lives to the big government advocates of the "emergency" we are facing from "climate change" that such actions will do ANYTHING significant to change what is happening to our climate.

Personally, I cannot tolerate the high heat, and my choice of recreation is riding my motorcycle, so living where it gets to 110 is not even a possibility. And unfortunately for me, the places where the weather is almost always perfect, like San Diego or Honolulu are also places run by the brain dead "progressives".

Latest posts