Hell on earth

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Climate has been changing for ages DESPITE mankind; Was a warmer period during the time the Romans were running the world, wasn't there once a summer with no warmth, I seem to recall that at one time there was no ice preventing sailing over the North pole. Face it; The WEATHER and CLIMATE are going to change despite mankind. What happened to the ICE AGE of the '70's. Do notice that the language has changed frequently over the last several decades as the politicians try to figure out HOW to collect more money from the gullible population.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
I was stationed in Yuma AZ in the 80s. My wife and I went to the bank to get a withdrawal late one night as it was usually after midnight that the direct deposit would hit. Plus we would hang out on the main drag with everyone else that was cruising and street racing. Anyway, the bank had one of those rotating signs that showed the time and temperature. Well, it took a minute to determine which was which...it was saying 1:30/110°!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I left Yuma a few minutes to 10 a.m. Saturday the 3rd. Weather guessers were going 105-106 (I think they were stuck. About 3 1/2 hrs later I pulled into my driveway. Yuma was still 106, the porch was 108.

Next few days: Sat 108
Sun 111
Monday 110. Sheesh...

Rick C

trebor44

Blackhawk
Idaho, East of Boisemento, or is it Boisangelos
Moving to Boise, ID in September1999, it was triple digit days, Grand Junction, CO was 'cooler'. Had to get AC for the vehicle, first time I ever had to indulge! Having traveled and lived in many parts of the US, Idaho was and is a desert despite the "greenery" and the pontifications of the 'developers'! ALL those dams in desert country made a difference, didn't they!

Climate has been changing for ages DESPITE mankind; Was a warmer period during the time the Romans were running the world, wasn't there once a summer with no warmth, I seem to recall that at one time there was no ice preventing sailing over the North pole. Face it; The WEATHER and CLIMATE are going to change despite mankind. What happened to the ICE AGE of the '70's. Do notice that the language has changed frequently over the last several decades as the politicians try to figure out HOW to collect more money from the gullible population.
I like reading the stories about the villages that are being exposed as the glaciers melt in the Alps. That would indicate to me that it has much warmed at times in the past. I had yet to hear one of the climate scientists tell me what the correct temperature of the earth is "supposed" to be. The climate has been changing since the earth was created, long before man had any possible chance of influencing it.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I like reading the stories about the villages that are being exposed as the glaciers melt in the Alps. That would indicate to me that it has much warmed at times in the past. I had yet to hear one of the climate scientists tell me what the correct temperature of the earth is "supposed" to be. The climate has been changing since the earth was created, long before man had any possible chance of influencing it.
It is not about whether or not the Climate is Changing, it is changing. The question is ,What Impact Do we AS a Civilization have on those Changes??

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
It is not about whether or not the Climate is Changing, it is changing. The question is ,What Impact Do we AS a Civilization have on those Changes??
AND the REAL QUESTION is how are they ever gonna PROVE that mankind has an impact on the weather. They have to keep changing terms, predictions and prohibitions and still cant ever get it right.

100° at 6 pm today. A balmy 94 right now at 9 pm...
In a very rare occurence it got up to 91°F at my place today. A hurricane down in Mexico is pushing a bunch of warm moist air up our way. Might last a day or tow then well drop nicely. Yep, turned on the AC. And what happens, the power provider cries foul and requests we turn it off. I use my air only a few days a year. I say make the energy hogs in the areas like the San Fernando Valley turn theirs off so I can have mine.