Mk III 22/45 mag disconnector removal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

davidkachel

Bearcat
I am trying to remove the mag disconnector from my new pistol (while I tighten, bend, loctite and otherwise batten down all the parts that started falling off after a few rounds) and find that the hammer pin is not easily removed as shown in the one video I found.

In fact, I cannot get it to move more than a 1/16 inch at all, in either direction.
Granted I am not whacking it too hard because I am afraid I may be unaware of something that is causing it to stay in place.

Any ideas? Help?

Sushigaijin

Bearcat
You have to push the sear spring, which is to the left of the hammer, towards the back of the frame in order to free the hammer pin. You should be able to push the pin out with a punch, to the left. It can bind against the sharp edges of the hammer, frame and disconnect so you might have to shimmy it a little. most slowly because that pin holds in the disconnect, the hammer and the safety, and once that disconnect swings up the trigger plunger is going to fly out. Once the safety comes clear, the retention plunger is going to fly out too. Go slow!!

davidkachel

Bearcat
Thanks. That did the trick. Amazing how the guy just sorta skipped over that vital little detail!

Latest posts