Name your favorite actor & actress with their best movie.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KIR

Sparks, NV
Robert Mitchum: Night of the Hunter. He has LOVE and HATE tats on his knuckles.

Louise Brooks: Pandora's Box. Silent screen actress who had the most expressive eyes of any woman I have ever seen in real life or on the screen.

Robert Mitchum.jpg

Louise Brooks 001.jpg

Louise Brooks 002.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Robert Duvall
Gene Hackman
Tommy Lee Jones
Clint Eastwood
Keanu Reeves
Johnny Depp

KIR

Sparks, NV
I shudda said, non-western movie to find who has expanded their horizons. Figgers, John Wayne would be mentioned.

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
Well, TODAY, I guess I'd have to say Tom Hanks in A Man Called Otto.

Another day I might say Steve McQueen or Clint Eastwood or somebody else and name another movie entirely.

For actress, I'll take Lena Heady--mainly for her TV work (Game of Thrones, Sarah Connor Chronicles) but she was great in 300, too, so that counts. ;)

Paul B

Hunter
Silent:
Actress: Clara BowMovie: Wings
Actor: None
Trivia: First movie to ever win an academy award. Gary Coopers first movie role as pilot traniee White

Talkie:
Actress: Deborah Kerr
Actor: Stewart Granger.
Movie: King Solomon's Mines

BearBiologist

Hunter
Best actor: Currently, Timothy Oliphant as Raylen Givens in Justified and City Primeval to a lesser extent. Also in that sci-fi one about the teenage alien.

Best actress: (Maybe not the best but tied for my favorites): Myrna Loy (Thin Man & Evelyn Prentice) and Veronica Lake (especially I Married a Witch with Frederick March.
th (39).jpg

47bc73b9e7f95d2ba6aace043b067b91.jpg

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
Joel McCrea in Ride the High Country....
I saw that in a summer school class called "Modern American Cinema" in the summer of 1975. I remember nothing about it except that it was directed by Sam Peckinpah, and I was a bit disappointed because I was already a big Peckinpah fan from Wild Bunch and Straw Dogs and The Getaway, and RtHC had little or none of the trademark Peckinpah violence I'd come to know and love. Maybe I need to try to find it on streaming and give it another chance. ;)

Snake45 I think if you watch Ride the High Country again you will see some great details like Joel McCrea placing a dime bet and retrieving the dime or his frayed cuffs in the bank as he meets the bankers.
The Chinese restaurant scene is good and the exchange at the dinner table on the way to the gold camp is interesting and the mining town has all the slimy characters you could ever want.