New Addition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Bought a new 686 some months back but was still itching for a lighweight(Airweight) DAO revolver to slide in a pocket. Been wanting this particular one for a while now and it came today, 642 Performance Center. Has some nice work done over the regular 642 for a lot less money then having it done by a smith after initial purchase. I hope to run some rounds through it in the next week or two.

Attachments

• IMG_2662.jpeg
    IMG_2662.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2661.jpeg
    IMG_2661.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2660.jpeg
    IMG_2660.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2659.jpeg
    IMG_2659.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Awesome! I've got that same gun. It's got a great trigger. Isn't that one of the Performance Center "upgrades?" I believe it is.

It seems to be a very accurate gun. I'd love to hear what you think.

I got a lifecycle pocket holster for mine. Very nice and you hardly know it's in the pocket it's so lightweight.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I gotta say it "You know this is a RUGER forum??" :eek: BIG GRIN/WINK ;) I know a lot of folks that really like the 642 and it's their regular summer carry revolver. Did you look at LCR's at all? I have several and really like them for pocket carry.
Funny but hear ya. For the record I joined this forum when I got my 2nd Ruger, a '66 .44 Carbine International. I also have a 10/22 I bought over 30 years ago. I do like to spread it around and like many makes of arms, from small .22's, to many brands that lean to history and quality to military stuff in my safes. I will purchase other Rugers and I'm looking at RedHawks as a possibility for a .44 mag in the not so distant future. At the range a couple years ago I tried a LCR from a friend of a friend. It shot good and was in the running but always had a J frame in my mind even as a kid watching old movies that's one why I got 642. I like Rugers a bunch and there will be more coming my way

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Awesome! I've got that same gun. It's got a great trigger. Isn't that one of the Performance Center "upgrades?" I believe it is.

It seems to be a very accurate gun. I'd love to hear what you think.

I got a lifecycle pocket holster for mine. Very nice and you hardly know it's in the pocket it's so lightweight.
It is and does have some nice upgrades. The trigger work is considerably better then stock, smoother and about 20% lighter pull S&W says. Feels real good to me. Besides the cosmetic enhancements it's also cut for moonclips a nice addition to a 5 shot arm I think. Can't wait to try them, 3 clips came with it and I ordered 3 more online a couple days ago.
Don't know what holster to go with yet and I will check out the lifecycle one, never heard of it. Thanks

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I know that the S&W 686 + and the 60-10, both with 3" barrels are a fine matchup, so is the Ruger SP101!
The 101 has been on my radar for a couple years, specifically a short barreled one. We'll see if we can get one to come this way before to long. Thanks Wendy
Also looking at single actions, still don't have one of those. Ruger will be a sure thing in that dept.

It is and does have some nice upgrades. The trigger work is considerably better then stock, smoother and about 20% lighter pull S&W says. Feels real good to me. Besides the cosmetic enhancements it's also cut for moonclips a nice addition to a 5 shot arm I think. Can't wait to try them, 3 clips came with it and I ordered 3 more online a couple days ago.
Don't know what holster to go with yet and I will check out the lifecycle one, never heard of it. Thanks
Sorry, that's a typo. I tried to write kydex. I don't know where lifecycle came from. I've never heard of them either 😀

jyo

Single-Sixer
Back in the day, when I was managing gun stores, one of my workers badly wanted to get the then brand new, S&W 640 .38 Special revolver for his wife---I called every wholesale source I knew of and finally located one---he was so glad and presented it to the wife on her birthday. A couple of weeks went by, and no word on how she liked the new revolver, so I asked him---his face was not happy as he answered---they went to a local indoor range with a box of ammo and showed her how to load it---she pointed the gun downrange and touched-off her first shot---she HATED it (!) and put the gun down on the shooting bench and walked away---the recoil was more than she could handle and she never shot it again!
So, he gained himself a 640, but she claimed his late dad's old H&R 9 shot, break-top 22LR revolver as hers and was very happy with that... Oh well...

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Jyo, I know what you mean and the 640 is heavier than the 642.
About six months ago I bought a 365x thinking the wife would like it, she didn't. Worked out good for me cause I really wanted a pocket Sig anyway. This might be the same, it's light and many describe as snappy by both women and some men. She's usually very good with recoil. She's shot my Browning 7mm RM a couple times and 12g slugs a scant few times. Maybe she was just having a bad day with the 365,

Last edited: