Peanut butter and ketchup sandwich ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My dad used to make peanut butter and ketchup sandwiches.
He was from Canada and moved to Michigan in the early 1930s.
I looked online and found a few mentions of these but never
knew anybody else who ever ate em.
Seeing how this forum has members all over the country and
food seems to be a frequent topic of discussion, does
anybody else eat them?
Any idea what part of the country ( if any ) it was popular?
They really don't taste as bad as they sound. The ketchup
gets mixed into the peanut butter to make a spread.
Thanks
Dave

Poco Oso

Buckeye
toysoldier said:
Doesn't sound good to me, but my favorite is toasted whole wheat, peanut butter, mayo, and a thick slice of Vidalia onion.

Never tried a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich, but peanut butter and mayo (hold the onion) is one of my favorites . My wife looks at me like I got it out of the back yard though. She doesn't know what she's missing. :wink: I guess I'll have to try these now.

32shooter

Blackhawk
I have never tried a PB and ketchup but do eat peanut butter and tomato sandwiches, so can't imagine it would be to bad.

markallen

Bearcat
My Dad always ate peanut butter, and tomatoes on toast.
For years I just couldn't eat it, but I tried it once and now I'm hooked. It's the only way I'll eat peanut butter now.

Mike J

Hunter
Poco Oso said:
toysoldier said:
Doesn't sound good to me, but my favorite is toasted whole wheat, peanut butter, mayo, and a thick slice of Vidalia onion.

Never tried a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich, but peanut butter and mayo (hold the onion) is one of my favorites . My wife looks at me like I got it out of the back yard though. She doesn't know what she's missing. :wink: I guess I'll have to try these now.

I have never a had peanut butter & ketchup sandwich. I grew up eating not just peanut butter & mayo but peanut butter, mayonnaise & banana sandwiches. They rock.

cas6969

Buckeye
I've run into two people who like tunafish & peanut butter. (used it like most people would mix in mayonnaise)

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
Never heard of PB and ketchup. I'm not a very adventurous eater so will probably pass on trying it. Although, I do have a daughter in law who uses ketchup on her salad rather than any traditional salad dressing, so maybe I'll suggest it to her.
I'm a PB and jelly, PB and fluff (a Fluffernutter for those not from the New England Area), and straight PB (my favorite) type of guy.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
Mike J said:
Poco Oso said:
toysoldier said:

I have never a had peanut butter & ketchup sandwich. I grew up eating not just peanut butter & mayo but peanut butter, mayonnaise & banana sandwiches. They rock.

Fry 'em, like grilled cheese. :wink: :D

I like PB on rye with either dill pickles or banana. I like my vidalias on buttered rye with ketsup and mustard. I understand everyone is unique, some more so than others. :mrgreen:
gramps

#1rugerman

Single-Sixer
Had a friend who ate pineapple sandwiches with mayo on one slice of bread and mustard on the other. I would make the same sandwich but skipped the mustard.

Latest posts