Police visit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
So, sitting on my couch watching a movie and there was a knock at the door. Opened the door to find a police officer on my porch. I asked what can I do for you and she repllied that they were doing a welfare check on me as no one had seen me for a couple of weeks....interesting. My wife has very serious health issues and we have two set appointments every week that she attends, and up to four more during certain weeks. We have a very close circle of friends, and I know none of them would have called because we keep in contact with them every week. My family consists of two daughters, two neices, and a brother, and two son in laws. They to know what we are up to every week. We keep in contact with them as well. I asked who made the call and her reply was, "the call was anonymous, we have no idea of who made it. Anyway, she was very nice and thanked me for my time. Curious and curiouser.

"Anon" anonymous tips or dispatches were always a pain in the A**, but needed to be followed up on. I hated them as I bet most cops now do also. If it's worth you calling 911 leave your information for any needed clarification or follow up. 99.9% of those calls were nothing burgers. I did get a harassment charge once. It took hours to work the case. After BS "Anon" calls on 3 properties surrounding one that hadn't gotten any proved to be Karens downfall. Boy were the neighbor's happy, and it never happened again.

Latest posts