Possible 6 1/2" Super Blackhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jptopdwn

Single-Sixer
Would like opinions if this might be a legit 6 1/2" barreled Old Model Super Blackhawk. I know the grip frame is not a Super Blackhawk, but the rest of it looks correct. It does fall into the correct serial number range. Thanks in advance........

Attachments

• Ruger Super Blackhawk 2.png
    Ruger Super Blackhawk 2.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Ruger Super Blackhawk 1.png
    Ruger Super Blackhawk 1.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 149

hittman

Staff member
Wonder if somebody put a Super cylinder in a Blackhawk?

hittman

Staff member
Gotcha, I'm not able to read the markings on either side …. Sorry

gunzo

Hunter
An original 6.5" with a grip frame change &/or cut along with the GF change. No other options I can think of.

NitroAcres

Single-Sixer
Other than the GripFrame and Hammer, it appears exactly as the two 6-1/2's I have.. yours is in better shape.

Is it a wide serrated trigger or smooth narrow, i can't tell from the photos. (Should be wide)

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
To my mind, it looks like a narrow trigger, which would make sense with the XR3-REDgrip frame that has a narrow slot (although could be widened).

@hittman, after the flattops were done, there were no more .44 Mag Blackhawks, so no protected sight 6.5" Blackhawks.

It is also missing the wide spur Super hammer.

If it is a legit 6.5" Super, you'd need about $350 worth of parts to swap it back to original config.

NitroAcres

Single-Sixer
Side question for those who have 6-1/2's, are any of your Cylinder frames Plum color, (24493) is and the other in the 26xxx range is not..

Last edited:

chet15

Hawkeye
Confirming that the barrel roll mark of 6 1/2" barrels which vary, is correct for the vintage of the gun's serial number can help determine if it's original to a Super Blackhawk.

It is a factory S46. Has the eagle logo on the barrel. And the barrel is high polish like the rest of the gun.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
The Hunter variation is a New Model. The one being discussed here is an Old Model,, and because it has a 6-1/2" bbl,, is rare.