Price Check No 1 Stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AKMATT

Bearcat
What is the value of a factory walnut stock, butt and fore end, for a Ruger No 1 on the used market? I have someone who wants to buy a set from me but I do not know what a fair price should be. The barrel channel is for a varmint contour, and is in great shape if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Matt

bigskyguy

Single-Sixer
Matt, I will throw in my two cents...

I think that it really depends on the quality of the wood. I recently sold a stock and forearm for $225. It was nicely figured, but not fabulous. I have seen just a butt stock sell for much more.

I just sent a barreled action to Ruger to have a stock set fitted for it. They quoted me $352 to have a new set installed.

You don't see many of them around, so keep that in mind.

Hope it helped.
Todd

picketpin

Buckeye
I usually buy forearms fro $85 to $150 used. That difference is based on whether it is Semi Beaver Tail or Alex Henry and the walnut and figure/color/contrast.

The Semi Beaver tail from a "V" requires filling if putting it on anything else. I usually buy them for "B" and then when if I need to I can just open them up.

The SB from a "B" is the most commonly seen for sale followed by the SB for the "V". The Alex Henrys for a "S" (same fit as it and the "B" both wear a "B" weight barrel.

Hardest to find are any with the barrel channel for the "A" Light Sporter or the AB. Sort of the reverse from "B" barrels. Based on what was made the AH is more common than the SB for the "A"

New from Ruger back when you could get them was $180 for the forearm and $250 for the butt stock. This includes freight. Frankly I asked for a Alex Henry less than a month ago and was told they had zero wood on hand until they start making the 2015 guns for Llipseys.

GREAT wood, especially factory, ready to simply install. always brings a premium.

Also they changed the angle of the front of the receiver in 1984 and the forearms do not simply interchange before or after.

You can use a newer on on an older #1 but it will require some fitting and filling at the receiver. The opposite if you end up with a pre 1984 rifle and a newer fore arm. It'll require removing some wood and fitting.

RWT