Ruger rifles I want.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jpdesigns

Bearcat
I want Ruger to make its precision Rimfire ruffle in .22 mag a takedown. The 10/22 takedowns lock up tight and the few I have hold point of aim and shoot tight groups. Make the bolt action in a takedown, and sell it with two front ends . One for .22 mag and one for .17 hmr. Put scout scopes on each and sight them in. Same mags, same bolt.

Then make the Predator that uses AR-15 mags with swappable barrels to change to the cables based on the .223 case. .300 blackout, .350 legend, .204 ruger, and a couple others would all be options.

With the machining they are turning out lately, it shouldn't be too hard.

I'd love these two rifles.

On the other hand, making all these changes would increase the cost and defeat the intent of producing a good, price point rifle. At the current price, it's not beyond many/most to just have separate rifles in whatever caliber they desire. I chose a Ruger 6.5 Grendel based on it's use of AR magazines but that's as far as I'm willing to go.
I'm an 'AR addict' and have uppers in 7 calibers BUT the interchangeability can get out of hand.
Welcome to the forum.

Precision and takedown can be a challenge. If the optic and sights can be attached exclusively to the barrel section it's simplified considerably. Making a bolt action with AR style barrels would be stupid easy but would defeat most manufacturers goal to sell more guns. I would love to see another versatile single shot like the old NEF, H&R. A 22 barrel, a rifle caliber of your choice barrel and a 20 or 12ga barrel would be the perfect beginner training,foraging gun.

As always, when this subject comes up..."What I'd like Ruger to make"; I'd love to see a Ruger No. 1A in .348 Winchester. Alas, in this day and age of plastic fantastic it ain't going to happen.
As much as I like looking at and fondling pretty guns I have no use for them at all. I'm a ride hard and put away wet kinda guy. After a long day at the range a few shots of CLP and a quick wipe are all most of my guns get. Only my Muzzleloaders get any real attention because there's not an option for those.

instructor

Single-Sixer
I often wondered why Ruger did not offer the NO. 1 in the 348 Win. caliber and took my No 1 to Douglas and they made me a barrel chambered in the 348 Win. so now I have one. Lived in Alaska for some years and had a Win. Model 71 348 and always felt very comfortable with it in the bush for either moose or bears. Live in West Virginia now days and our whitetail deer are not problems at all for the 348. Well realize there are more modern rounds these days but the 348 is all you need hunting in the country East of the Mississippi. The 348 and the Ruger No 1 make a great tool for hunting.

As always, when this subject comes up..."What I'd like Ruger to make"; I'd love to see a Ruger No. 1A in .348 Winchester. Alas, in this day and age of plastic fantastic it ain't going to happen.
I'm still waiting for a No. 1 in 35 Rem. I got tired of waiting and had a couple re-barreled.

friendly

Bearcat
My "wish" rifle is a Mini-350 Legend, with 5, and 10 round magazines. My other Ruger wish is Mini-6.8 mags in 10, 15, and 20 round capacities. I think Ruger could sell a lot of the mags, and I think that rifile sales would increase if those mags were available, especially at "reasonable" prices. How many people would buy mini 6.8 for their SHTF rifle if those mags were available?

My "wish" rifle is a Mini-350 Legend, with 5, and 10 round magazines. My other Ruger wish is Mini-6.8 mags in 10, 15, and 20 round capacities. I think Ruger could sell a lot of the mags, and I think that rifile sales would increase if those mags were available, especially at "reasonable" prices. How many people would buy mini 6.8 for their SHTF rifle if those mags were available?
I think 350Legend is the Goldilocks caliber. Far greater than the sum of its parts. A simple barrel swap turns an AR into a Deer slaying machine. Far more performance inside 300yds than 5.56 as well as subsonics way bigger than the 300.

As long as we're wishing: I'm still hoping for a Mini in 450 Bushmaster. We know that Bill Ruger loved his brush guns because he brought us the 44 carbine and the #3 to mention two. Ruger chambers the American bolt action in 450 Bushmaster so they have barrel stock and chamber reamers and the 450 fits in 223 size magazines and works in AR rifles so it shouldn't take too much engineering to make this happen. I would love to drag a stainless all weather version through the cedar swamps of northern New England. Come on Santa I promise I won't shoot your reindeer.

southernbuck101

Single-Sixer
Stainless Ruger/Marlin model 39-a.

Another run of stainless RSIs in 308 That you don't need a horseshoe in your posterior to be able to find.

And while I'm dreaming, a remake of the original m77 safari with rear sight mount machined into top of barrel like the older ones. 308,2506 30 06.
Stainless would be even better.

Ruger rifles I want? A PCC in .40 S&W (reportedly discontinued because Ruger hates S&W cartridges, except for the .38 S&W Special and .44 S&W Special ;^) and an American Ranch rifle in 6.8 SPC (which they probably will never make, because of their 6.8 Mini screwup).

Edit: Looks like Ruger is planning an American Ranch rifle in 400 Legend, for early 2024 - that's the same bolt face as 6.8 SPC, so maybe lightning will strike and Ruger (or one of their distributors :^) will decide to do a few 6.8 rifles!
:cool:

Last edited:

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Me too!! Love to see a 10/22 magnum again and also in take-down in stainless with synthetic. Not a bad survival rifle in that round too. Never thought I would love my 8323 Ruger but man what a shooter it turned out to be and lightweight with some oomph.

Latest posts