SP101 HOLSTER

Help Support Ruger Forum:

J. D. Moreguns

Bearcat
Is a S&W K-frame holster to big for a SP101. I have a 4" Sp101 .22 and I am having trouble finding a leather holster to fit it. :idea:

hittman

Staff member
Yes, the K-Frame holster is too big. I think the SP is more the size of a Colt Detective......larger than a J-Frame.

I'd try www.simplyrugged.com or a seller on eBay using the name USAMIKE99. My SP101 holster came from eBay used and it's a Safety Speed (no longer in business) BG2LH paddle.

Order a sourdough pancake from Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged. I carry my 2" SP101 in one and it has the slots for outside the wasteband and detachable straps for IWB wear. Great product, great guy and great price. I've had Del Fatti, Rosen and Kramer and I've sold them all.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I tried a few different holsters for my SP101. took a chance on a new design (tuckable)and never looked back. Mitch Rosen has been all I've bought since then. Sometimes to get what you want, you gotta look beyond the mass-made production line fodder.

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
I have a Fobus paddle holster for my 2 1/4" SP101, and I like it. I had to cut a notch out for the laser on the CTC grips. The barrel sticks out the bottom. It's not really a CCW holster, but if wearing a longer shirt or jacket it is hidden pretty well. Not sure what exactly you're looking for, though. There's my 2 cents.

Robb Barnes":1laucp56 said:
Order a sourdough pancake from Rob Leahy at Simply Rugged. I carry my 2" SP101 in one and it has the slots for outside the wasteband and detachable straps for IWB wear. Great product, great guy and great price. I've had Del Fatti, Rosen and Kramer and I've sold them all.

+1 :wink: IMHO

Dave