Tecovas Boots

Help Support Ruger Forum:

IMG_5137.jpeg
A while
back there was a thread here about the Tecovas Boot brand.

Today it was extra crispy here in Dallas so we went to the mall and walked around.

They have a Tecovas Boot Store. I gotta say it's pretty impressive. I'm attaching some pictures.

It seemed like the average price for a pair of boos was around $250. I didn't try any on but they certainly look like good quality.

IMG_5135.jpeg

IMG_5139.jpeg

IMG_5140.jpeg

IMG_5142.jpeg

IMG_5141.jpeg

I'm on my phone, which isn't the easiest to attach pictures.

TENFAN

Single-Sixer
I have had a pair of their Smooth Ostrich boots for a year or so and they are the most comfortable boots I have worn in a while

eveled

Hawkeye
My understanding is the reason for pointy toes on a cowboy type boot was it was easier to slip your foot in the stirrup. I guess there could be a practical reason for the square toed too... easier to push the clutch in on your truck or possibly flip the gear shift on your bike?
I believe that is true, also the heels on real cowboy boots keep your foot from passing all the way through the stirrup.

We used to call the pointy boots fence climbers because they fit in the holes on a chain link fence.

Like I said I didn't try any on, but the Square toed boots looked wider and more comfortable.

I've got pretty wide feet for some reason.

Would I get laughed out of a cowboy saloon for wearing square toed boots?

Square toed boots used to be a distinguishing characteristic of Lucchese Boot Co. whose price point starts at twice that average and climbs rapidly. Plenty of real cowboys wear them and even wait for them to custom build their next pair.

Wvfarrier

Blackhawk
I have a pair of their knee high cavalry boots that I wear when horseback in rattlesnake country. Excellent boots