Tropical Storm Gulf of Mexico

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I hope everyone in South Texas stays dry! And I especially hope that fancy airplane @Wyandot Jim has is in a hanger!

There is a pretty big tropical storm down in the Gulf expected to hit the Texas Mexico border sometime later today or early tomorrow. The storm is "Alberto"

I came down yesterday to mow the lawn but I'm headed back to Dallas right now.

Well I hope it isn't as bad as they are predicting. The weather people do like to forecast doom and gloom, don't they?

But my little street is already flooded even though it's such a beautiful morning. Guess it won't be later.

IMG_0368.jpeg

Papalote

Single-Sixer
At his point they don't have a clue where the storm is going. I have been riding them out since the 50s. I'm about 30 miles north of Corpus Christi

"I hope everyone in South Texas stays dry!"

We've had no rain here 100 miles from Mexico, since February. They're saying we have a 45% chance for rain Thursday. I sure hope we don't "stay dry".
🫤

Kevin,
Thanks for asking about the Stagg., but it is in Son's hangar in Rhome TX.
I got to ask. Did you drive your vehicles in that SALTWATER??????
I figured the plane is in a hanger.

Unfortunately I did have to drive through the water. It turns out it was only about 2 inches deep. I drove slow to not splash any and it was only for about 30 feet, then the street goes up just a hair and there wasn't any more water. I'm home now, I guess I should go get the hose and wash off the truck.

I do see people drive down on the beach and some even drive through the water.

Papalote

Single-Sixer
Well, I'm sitting here at home today because I believed in our government again. It was supposed to be flooding and windy. I took off work today because I have a 80 mile round trip and I didn't want to get in a flood. It has not rained a drop here. I'm 30 miles from the coast. Any way it is what it is. They are still promising 100 % chance of rain!!! Lol

gjgalligan

Single-Sixer
Kevin, I"m confused.
Your location says Dallas Tx but when was Dallas moved to the Gulf coast?

Edit to add: I just saw the part about there to mow the lawn but are now returning to Dallas.

Last edited:

Armybrat

Buckeye
It ain't hard to keep track of what's going on in the Gulf and in the state if you look at the radar yourself…..

Kevin has a beach house in Galveston or that tale about risings sea levels is true:)
Yep, we came down and rented a house Speing Break of 2020.

My wife spent her summers growing up with grandparents who lived in Burgas, Bulgaria. Their apartment overlooked the Black Sea.

So our Spring Break trip combined with her background we both fell in love with the area.

Port Aransas is nice and we've been there a few times, but it's just a bit too far from Dallas. Right now, I can get down to the beach in about 5 1/2 hours. It's 329 miles door to door.

I go down more often to mow the grass and flush the toilets. Stuff like that.

when we were first married we bought a lot in a small town outside Burgas. It was very nice and you could see the Black Sea reasonably well. We wanted to build a house there but never got around to it and ended up selling the land.

But the Black Sea doesn't have any major storms like the Gulf of Mexico. It also doesn't have a tide, and is very salty. It also isn't Black, more of a blue green color.

Give me a minute and I can post a picture…