What Are .22LRs Selling For These Days?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
Then, you are doing what our Libtard puppet masters would like you to do ( loss of trigger finger muscle memory). Please don't go out with a whimper.
Dry-fire doesn't cost a thing. ;)

Even better is if you can find an airgun that has a trigger that feels exactly like your "real" gun. I have at least three such airguns and absolutely love them.

40nascar

Banned
Dry-fire doesn't cost a thing. ;)

Even better is if you can find an airgun that has a trigger that feels exactly like your "real" gun. I have at least three such airguns and absolutely love them.

My response was to Johnnu2. I'm sure he's a big boy who can answer for himself. And staying, with the .22 Lr theme, you do realize that most, if not all manufacturers advise against "dry fire" of their rimfire guns, as it will destroy the firing pin over time.

The term "Dry fire", is incorrect terminology. Just go to a professional training program, and the instructors there use the term " Dry practice", instead.

As to using a substitute firearm for dry practice, if it's not made by the same manufacturer, with the same spec parts, I don't see how your muscle memory would be the same, if the trigger pull, and weight are not exactly the same as the center fire version of the firearm.

Snake45

Hawkeye
And staying, with the .22 Lr theme, you do realize that most, if not all manufacturers advise against "dry fire" of their rimfire guns, as it will destroy the firing pin over time.

As to using a substitute firearm for dry practice, if it's not made by the same manufacturer, with the same spec parts, I don't see how your muscle memory would be the same, if the trigger pull, and weight are not exactly the same as the center fire version of the firearm.
I don't "dry-fire" my .22s. Most of my .22s are duplicates of my centerfires. I DO "dry-fire" my centerfires, with proper snap-caps in place.

And yes, I'm VERY familiar with matching your "training" gun as closely as possible to your "real" gun, especially in trigger pull, which is why I specifically mentioned that I have at least three such airguns. And fortunately, two of these are matches for my actual "house" guns. ;)

"I prefer not to buy anything made in Mexico Especially Ammo."
OK, but the more stuff they make (and sell) the more jobs there are to hold 'wets' in Mexico. Actually probably not since most of the illegals aren't from Mexico.
As long as Aguila holds it's quality up to what I've seen so far, I'll keep buying it.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
When I run out of my various "stash items" I'll quit shooting rather than pay these !@#$%^'s their fake inflated prices.

But, what do I know, I'm just an old guy.....!!

J.
I would do the same . It is not about left or right, because most of the price gouging is from the right, from within the shooting community. IMHO No, I would take up fishing rather than pay the garbage price.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
"I prefer not to buy anything made in Mexico Especially Ammo."
OK, but the more stuff they make (and sell) the more jobs there are to hold 'wets' in Mexico. Actually probably not since most of the illegals aren't from Mexico.
As long as Aguila holds it's quality up to what I've seen so far, I'll keep buying it.
Aguila makes very good ammo. I shoot a lot of it i .22lr and it always works.

40nascar

Banned
If you anticipated accurately, 10k rnds of .22 Lr comes out to about $500, pre-plandemic pricing. Most shooters could have budgeted for that. If that is too much, just sell your firearm to a person that can afford to shoot at 8 cents per round. C'mon Man.

40nascar

Banned
I don't "dry-fire" my .22s. Most of my .22s are duplicates of my centerfires. I DO "dry-fire" my centerfires, with proper snap-caps in place.

And yes, I'm VERY familiar with matching your "training" gun as closely as possible to your "real" gun, especially in trigger pull, which is why I specifically mentioned that I have at least three such airguns. And fortunately, two of these are matches for my actual "house" guns. ;)

Umm, yeah, I don't know of any airguns that can duplicate the trigger pull of a center-fire, or rimfire gun. Especially pump- airguns. And the spring action, maybe duplicates an AR carbine length gas system?

Snake45

Hawkeye
Umm, yeah, I don't know of any airguns that can duplicate the trigger pull of a center-fire, or rimfire gun. Especially pump- airguns. And the spring action, maybe duplicates an AR carbine length gas system?
Maybe you need to get out more. I know of at least three, because I own them. ;)

Johnnu2

Hunter
"If you anticipated accurately, 10k rnds of .22 Lr comes out to about $500, pre-plandemic pricing. Most shooters could have budgeted for that. If that is too much, just sell your firearm to a person that can afford to shoot at 8 cents per round. C'mon Man."

Most of us can easily afford 8 cents per round. I'd venture to say that many of us could afford $8 per round. BUT, there is a reason for that ability.
IMHO,
J.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
"If you anticipated accurately, 10k rnds of .22 Lr comes out to about $500, pre-plandemic pricing. Most shooters could have budgeted for that. If that is too much, just sell your firearm to a person that can afford to shoot at 8 cents per round. C'mon Man."

Most of us can easily afford 8 cents per round. I'd venture to say that many of us could afford $8 per round. BUT, there is a reason for that ability.
IMHO,
J.
OK, I'll bite, what is the reason?

Got an email ad this morning: around 6 cents on Browning label 22lr & free ship if spend $250
re: AGUILA quality
I shoot AGUILA sub-sonic and have found it equal to CCI sub-sonic and maybe a bit cleaner when using the muffler. These results are from a 22/45, RAR compact, and 10/22 at ranges out to 150 yards which is a real stretch for sub-sonic 22.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
Got an email ad this morning: around 6 cents on Browning label 22lr & free ship if spend $250
re: AGUILA quality
I shoot AGUILA sub-sonic and have found it equal to CCI sub-sonic and maybe a bit cleaner when using the muffler. These results are from a 22/45, RAR compact, and 10/22 at ranges out to 150 yards which is a real stretch for sub-sonic 22.
I agree. It is good solid ammo. I shoot everything from Rem golden bullets, Federal bulk, Federal match, Aguila Super, Norma Tac, Winchester Wildcat, CCI Std, CCi mags, CCI sub, REM Sub.etc., and I find the Aguila to be every bit as good.

hittman

Staff member
Aguila has always been reliable for me. Never once had an issue with their quality and many times that brand was all that was available.