What's some of your original wit, wisdom and/or philosophy?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

image.jpg

Not original but favorites borrowed...

"There is no road to happiness. Happiness is the road."

"The older I get, the better I was."
On a more modern note.
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was". From a country song. Then again there is a lot of truth in country songs, especially the old ones.

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
On a more modern note.
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was". From a country song. Then again there is a lot of truth in country songs, especially the old ones.
Toby Keith. It's a fine, fine song. ;)

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Well, here's one from my Dad:

"I'm a Hardshell Baptist. I believe in what will be will be, if it don't never be."

(My Dad was sort of a character. But, at his funeral, one lady remarked to my Mother, "But Mrs. Wright, he was so kind!")

Bob Wright

You know you're old when you wake up in the morning and the stuff that should be stiff, isn't. But everything else is.

You lose your memory first so you won't miss all the other stuff.

Not mine, but I use it…
"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I remember years ago when they started talking about wearing PPE on the job. I taped a condom to my hardhat and labeled it PPPPE.
That week at the Safety Meeting my contribution was If you think she's spunky cover your monkey. If she's been through a passel wrap that rascal. Before you hump cover your stump. Let's be safe out there!!!
My wife doesn't like many jokes. But she sure laughed when I told her that one....

(but only after I explained what PPE was - she never worked in a factory)