Let's Have Some Fun... Post A Gun Related Meme, Or Tell A Gun Related Joke.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Billy1953

Single-Sixer
1686079539777.png

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
AMX or a Javelin?
No, it's definitely a Toronado. And we've established that it was designed by the late Harry Bentley Bradley, not Barris.

What's not yet clear at this time is whether it was actually a real car or not, or just a design. So far I've found no evidence of the former. :confused:

epags

Single-Sixer
I well remember reading, back in the '70s, probably in Mel Tappan's Survival Guns, something along the lines of, "If there is a general societal breakdown in the future, the closest thing to a universal currency will be .22LR ammunition."
It very well may have been...he published it in 1976. My copy was delivered by the local rural mailman. He said he had it also and then proceeded to show me his Ruger Mini 14 that he carried in his mail truck. Yes, those were the days.

Snake45

It very well may have been...he published it in 1976. My copy was delivered by the local rural mailman. He said he had it also and then proceeded to show me his Ruger Mini 14 that he carried in his mail truck. Yes, those were the days.
I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to recall buying my copy at a gun show about that same time.

Snake45

The rest of the story matters naught. I said that it was an Old Toronado and now you make the same claim. I'm filing a lawsuit for defamation.
Sue away. I'll accept service anywhere, anytime! :LOL:

Snake45

Those were cool--thanks for sharing it! ;)

I had the Secret Sam. Kinda a piece of junk. Always wanted the Johnny Eagle M14 and M1911. They go for big bucks these days. Finally scored a not quite perfect 1911 a few years ago.