Ruger Single Six OR Colt New Frontier Scout

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
For those who may have an interest, Don Wilkerson's book "Colt Scouts, Peacemakers and New Frontiers in .22 Caliber" is the most complete source of information on those models. Every factory variation is fully explained for the entire run. The book is out of print but can still be found on line.
I have Wilkerson's book. I've always had a fondness for the Peacemakers, but especially the New Frontiers. Obviously I don't have any Scouts, nor do I want one. Great reference book!

1719581247292.png

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I'm sort of late to this hog killin', but I can offer my experience. I had a Colt Scout when it was first introduced. (I had not seen one in Memphis at the time. My brother was in Mobile, AL and saw one in a pawn shop. He asked me if I wanted it, so he bought it there and brought it back on the plane in his carry-on. That's how long ago it was.)Mine was the original two-tone finish. And it was my favorite squillel gun for several years. I liked the gun, and it put meat on the table for us for awhile. I only traded it off for a .22 Officers Model Match as I was into bullseye shooting at the time.

I'd hate to have to choose between the two.

Bob Wright

Last edited:

Star43

Buckeye
I've owned both the Ruger Single-Six (Old Models only) and the Colt Peacemaker and the New Frontier 22LR/22Mag steel-framed revolvers and enjoyed both---I must say, the Peacemaker I currently own (Blue and colorcase 4 1/4") is a true beauty and shoots just fine! No parts have been needed... I have no other 22 revolver at this time...
Glad you have had good luck with your guns above. Yes, I agree the color-case finish is nice looking.

Last edited: