Total Eclipse coming soon

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JackBull

Buckeye
the local school system decided they could not stop the children from looking directly at the sun and so for the "children's protection" they have decide to not have school that day all children will be at home.
So they cant look directly into the sun at home?

IKE

Single-Sixer
wot.jpg

Johnnu2

Hunter
I've lived thru many "once in a lifetime" events....... none required eye protection :cool:
We'll probably watch it on TV.... Sort of a ho-hummer (without the hummer). :eek:
J.

I've lived thru many "once in a lifetime" events....... none required eye protection :cool:
We'll probably watch it on TV.... Sort of a ho-hummer (without the hummer). :eek:
J.
It's like Geraldo Rivera and AL Capone's vault.... A big fat nothing for the most part. It's cloudy and overcast here so I think we will be dark for a few minutes and life will go on...

J.
Well my wife and I were very impressed. It got dark, and as it was getting dark, it wasn't the normal light from a regular sunset.

And the timing was spot on. Dark at 1:41 until 1:44 and change.

I do agree though there are many "once in a lifetime events." While this makes the list, and is definitely "oh-so-cool" it isn't #1…it will be remembered for many years though.

nekvermont

Buckeye
Well, that was very cool. Temperature here dropped 7*, we still have some snow on the ground, perhaps that has something to do with the drop. Like Kevin said, the lighting was strange, and it got darker than I expected. Corona was impressive.

krw

Blackhawk
Well I went down on our hunting lease. Logging crew long ways of but cood clearly make out cutting machine. When it started getting dark they shut down. Couple minutes before total I hooted and sure enough Bird gobbled!! Now would He have gobbled anyways, you guess as good as mine. I really enjoyed the Eclipse!!

hittman

Staff member
Was a perfect day for it here. Not a cloud in the sky, no wind, about 70 degrees.
They said we'd have something like 90% coverage here. Seemed about right as I saw it.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Nothing spectacular here....
But I would imagine that where it was 100%.... (like Texas...:)) it would indeed be "cool"; and my jaded reaction would be different.
Here...? just a ho hum....
p.s. being old, we won't remember it past Friday :))... forgot lunch already..!!
J.

Latest posts