Using LCR cam type trigger action in larger revolvers?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Ruger was very innovative in developing that smooth cam type trigger action for the LCR revolvers.
Why not bring that technology to the GP-100 and Redhawk series? I read where the DA pull in the LCR is 6lbs.
Yes I know the cylinders are heavier in the larger revolvers but it could still give a really great trigger from the factory without having to do a trigger job.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I can't speak for the GP-100, but I wouldn't want that trigger on my Redhawk simply because it does not have a traditional look or feel.

RonS

Single-Sixer
I submitted that suggestion on the "Tell the CEO" form in relation to the SP101. Since the SP101 now has more upscale adjustable sighted versions, it really needs a trigger worthy of the rest of the gun.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Don't hold your breath. :D Sad fact is Ruger doesn't change their designs very often except for different calibers and different barrel lengths. But you are right, the SP-101 really could use a lighter trigger. :D

Thel

Blackhawk
I think the triggers could all be redesigned a bit. I doubt it will happen, though. However, I don't think the LCR has a pull around 6 lbs but more like close to 9 lbs. Still it is a bit less than the 12 to 14 lbs say in a SP101.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
Just think how much more our current gp's and sp's would be worth if Ruger went to the cam style LCR trigger? They should try it out first on the sp-101. Easy for me to say, since I have no plans on buying one. :)

Mus408

Hunter
Haven't taken my LCR apart to examine the actual cam action setup and have no idea if it would fit in the space of other larger DA revolvers. But to me if they could do it,it would be great for the customer and maybe give their revolver sales a kick up. However I can imagine there would be a good cost increase to cover it.
If I had a great new trigger technology in my gun company I would expand it to other lines!

Varminterror

Blackhawk
The problem I see with it, from a strategic standpoint, is the fact we're talking about a new unique proprietary frame, which then would always be DAO. The SP/GP/RH/SRH's are DA/SA, but can be made DAO with only slight modifications to low cost parts in production, whereas they'd have to go pure DAO with the new frame with new internals, which could only ever be DAO. Frankly, we as the gun-buying market told them we didn't like the fact the LCR is DAO, demanding the LCRx, so I don't see Ruger making that "mistake" again soon. Costs too much with too little market access.

I personally see a GP100 sized DA/SA polymer revolver being released before a larger framed DAO - something in the stroke of "LFRx" Lightweight Fullsize Revolver eXposed hammer on the order of the 327's... or LSRx for "standard," or even a LLRx - Lightweight Large frame Revolver eXposed hammer in line with the 329...

Latest posts