Weather check today.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MHtractorguy

Single-Sixer
No snow here. We have been right on the edge of each of these fronts. High today was 40. 22 overnight.
I do feel bad for all of you. Stay safe.

it's been a week , Sunday I ran up to the Twin Cities terminal , Monday it was down to Des Moines , Tuesday Des Moines again , this morning it was Mason City IA , today went pretty good , yesterday started off with my lead trailer having the brakes froze up , laying under a trailer in the snow when it's -12 and the wind blowing beating on the brake shoes to bust them loose from the iced up drums is no fun

Iowa and Northern Missouri had blizzard conditions last weekend. Roads were drifted shut. I got my 4X4 stuck, neighbor had chains on his Oliver. Took about 15 mins of pulling to get free. Same time my Dad got his 3/4 ton Ram stuck in a drift. 4x4 John Deere made short work of freeing truck. I am buying a set of chains.

Ride1949

Hunter
We got WAYNO'S freezing rain 2 days ago. My truck is still covered with a sheet of ice, with the exceptions of the windows and hood. The streets are like a skating rink.Temps have been mostly in the twenties during the days, lows in the single digits. It's supposed to make it up 48° by Monday and maybe 51° by Thursday.

BearBiologist

Hunter
Thirty-one and cloudy. No snow predicted for at least a week. Mid to high thirties for the next week.

Hate to bring up an old thread, but we had another 4" of snow and tonight is predicted to go to -24. But, then a huge warm-up! low to mid 30s next week! Start up the smoker... :)
I was in Sioux Falls yesterday , that wind was nasty all the way from Wi and the blowing snow > no fun at all , i had pretty good weight on the way out so not too bad of trip but only one loaded trailer and one empty on the way home, total time from logging into the truck to being back with both trailers parked and the truck fueled was 13 hours , 10 hours and 41 minutes of that was drive time , so cutting it real close on time

Ride1949

Hunter
More freezing rain today. High temp was 34°. They revised the forecast. Highs 42° lows around 32° wiith light rain. Didn't say anything about freezing rain though.