Weather check today.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wproct

Single-Sixer
In Central Iowa we last Wednesday we had over 10 inches of some of the wettest, heaviest snows that this 78 year old has worked with. Then by Friday temperatures plunged to like 15 degrees below zero, got another 8-10 inches of snow and wind kicked up to 45 mph and had huge drifts in front of our house. I have a John Deere garden tractor with a 48 inch snow blower, and I got my driveway 90 % cleared and just ran out of room to blow it. Temperature is still below zero with not much relief til the weekend, and forecast more snow for Friday. Up until a week ago it had been a mild winter with hardly any snow and the temperatures had been above normal. I guess our good luck just ran out.

XP100

Blackhawk
Only white stuff I have shoveled in the last 7+ yrs. is sand and th eonly salt I use is on th erim of a Margharita glass.

IKE

Single-Sixer
+5° here in central Okla. with a -12° windchill.

Far from a heat wave but it's suppose to be a little warmer this week.

7day.jpg

We are still way below freezing. 21-degrees as I type.

This is day 4 of really cold, and everything covered with ice. My truck handles the ice well, but I cannot get to the truck.

This afternoon til tomorrow morning we are expecting freezing rain.

Already thousands without power, with many more outages expected.

I remain warm in my house. We have not lost power, and if we did, we still have a gas fireplace that produces tons of heat, as well as gas hot water. We will survive.

We are still hosting some family that has been without power or water since last week.

Be prepared.

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
We got a solid 8" here on the Alabama/Tennessee line, very unusual for us, and it is COLD. -3 here this morning. I had to go this morning and help my grandson skin a doe he shot last night, because my son is still recuperating from back surgery. Skinning a mostly frozen deer is not easy or fun.
Our weather pattern is that most often when it snows here, it's not very cold and the snow is quickly gone. We are more likely to get ice/freezing rain than snow. Not this time . It's been really pretty and wife has been out of school all week. High today is 30, and they are predicting more precip of some form tomorrow, which will quickly freeze on top of what's already on the ground. I know 8" of snow would be laughed off in some parts of the country, but were not equipped to deal with it here. State and local road departments aren't going to invest in snow plows for a once every 10 year event like this.
We're good, though. Power is on and we got plenty of propane, coffee, deer meat, rice, and beans, so we'll make through. Ha. Hope yall all stay warm and safe.

Latest posts